1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia RS660 Reviews

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Oct 12, 2020.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Would that be WERA SS legal?

2. Alanjtc73n

Alanjtc73n Well-Known Member

Who is your dealer? They might be confusing the current promotions and including the rs660 in there. The 3.9% and customer cash is on the V4 line, Shiver, and Dorsoduro. That promotion ends in November. The rs660s are set to be delivered in December. If you go by how they launched the Guzzi V85tt, don’t expect any customer cash or finance promotions for this new model from Piaggio.

Though if your dealer is gonna stand by that, plop down a deposit and get it in writing. Financing is generally valid 30 days so without a vin, you might find it difficult to get a finance company to lock you in. The financing is through Sheffield or Synchony for that promotion. As far as I saw, the rs660 is not on the available models list. The customer cash actually comes from the dealer and is reimbursed by Piaggio. If you get the dealer to agree and in writing, maybe you’ll walk away with the cheapest rs660 at launch.

The only promo right now is 1k deposit through the aprilia website and you get a $250 accessory credit.

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

It was verbal, but the salesman did have to doublecheck on it when I asked. So after you posted this, I looked up the financing on Aprilia's site and am still unsure what is available. I do see for the "Customer cash", it is limited to specific models but also see references to $1000 ALL RANGE Customer Cash. I'll call back tomorrow to get a clarification and report my findings.
    Here are links to 2 different dealers Aprilia financing info with slightly different descriptions of the ALL RANGE cash.
    https://www.state8.com/factory-promotions/20965
    https://www.gpmotorcycles.com/bikes/aprilia.php

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Hmmm this is all for 2020 MY. Is the 660 a 2020 or 2021 MY?

rice r0cket likes this.
  5. Alanjtc73n

Alanjtc73n Well-Known Member

Bingo. The rs660 is a 2021 model.

6. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just talked to the dealer and got a different story this time. Basically, since it's a 2021, they don't actually have any financing info yet so can't say anything for sure.

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Rear shock direct mount is disappointing.

ducnut likes this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’m trying to stay positive, because KTM dirtbikes are direct, while their Husky counterparts are linkage. Their owners, each, swear by their bikes.

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Only XC-Ws their 'moderate pace' enduros are PDS/direct, their faster pace machines, XC and SX are linkage.

ducnut likes this.
  10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

So this is meant as a moderate pace machine. Got it.

turbulence, Knotcher and jksoft like this.
  11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

There is an advantage to the PDS system on the enduro bikes in that there is no linkage to drag over logs and rocks. It's not so much a pace thing as a design choice for gnar.

If you hit gnar on the Aprilia 660, you're doing it wrong.

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification. Going off memory and haven’t been around it in awhile.

13. 418

418 Expert #59

14. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I appreciate the suggestions. In this case, even though I have no logical reasons behind it, I am not really interested in either of those machines. Perhaps its just because this seems like a natural evolution from the SV which I have been fond of.

ducnut and Senna like this.
  15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

It’s all about what speaks to you.

stk0308 and ducnut like this.
  16. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Pic of the race triples and clip ons for reference.

[​IMG]

And a rear set solution. Looks like a “permanent plate replaces the stock ones and then the rear sets bolt to that. It’s a little hard to see in the photo, but it looks something like that.

[​IMG]

svlowkey, Senna and ducnut like this.
  17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Pic is purposely grainy so we can't see the Sawzall marks

5axis, Rising Sun, Phl218 and 4 others like this.
  18. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

@Robby-Bobby Have you gotten a more firm date on when you'll be receiving your first shipment of RS660's?

19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Rob is at COTA, today.

20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I should have went to COTA. Shoulda woulda coulda... Damn work and responsibilities.