1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA + Dunlop + N2 Endurance

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 22, 2020.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

You are definitely thinking along the same lines...
    Stock: no quick change, quick fill, stock tank, etc, etc.
    And yes no top 15 or top 10 in “X” amount of years type rule.
    But like I said NONE of this is anything more than brain storming at this point then enforcement has to be feasible.

More along the lines of Double Bubble windscreens :D
    Well call it the @rugbymook rule. Lol

Ride safe,
    AAron

rugbymook, 5axis, TurboBlew and 2 others like this.
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Nice, I hope to do a few rounds next year.
    I personally wouldn't mind allowing rear quick change just because it seems it would lead to less mistakes while in a rush.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just keep in mind there is a reason I went to allowing full quick change :D

We need to find time and beers for stories :crackup:

JBall, mpusch and DucatiBomber like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Then you have dry breaks being way safer than pouring from a gas can. But they're expensive as hell. Give and take on all of it.

VFR#52 and DucatiBomber like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Fair point. The only thing I can say to that is that someone holding a fire extinguisher on it is already required so that helps with that risk, and at least the rider is off the bike.
    Missing the brake caliper mount while putting the rear wheel on you aren't going to notice till you leave then you'll notice quick:crackup:

6. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

The bike prep ideas are basically the old super stock endurance rules from back when there were enough teams to run two classes for the mw and hw bikes.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep!

8. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Idk, the quick change differentiation seems kinda unnecessary to me. I've got a homemade captive caliper, does that count? Where's the line?

I haven't been able to get a team together to run for the last couple years but really want to. Paying back a little further seems like the most productive thing to me.

Idk if I'd want to run a class that was intentionally handicapped just because I'm not that fast. Long as there's enough teams out on track, there's going to be someone to race.

RossK6 and SuddenBraking like this.
  9. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

In the MX world the amateur national has sportsman classes that have a requirement of either never holding a pro license or never qualifying for a pro race. I can’t remember at the moment which one it is, but either way, something like that to define “club racer”

Kyle Brosius and tdelegram like this.
  10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

What sucks is that they no longer offer quick fill cans like in old days.
    Maybe they have them now but a few yrs ago we had been looking for one and no dice.
    Who knew our old endurance stuff would be obsolete now but needed.
    Not a fan of cost of quick change stuff.
    Old days MWSS couldn't use that stuff.
    May need to dust off old rule book. LOL

Steven

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but it's not like it's that difficult here to get a pro roadrace license. I don't want to keep out the club racers who have done a pro round just to do it.

12. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

This is true and not something I thought about immediately when posting, it’s certainly much harder to obtain a pro MX license let alone qualify for a race.

13. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Actually threw Mike in there because I actually DID get a chance to play a few holes with him in TX when I was living in DFW back in '03. It was a couple months after the Masters win and he was out there for the Byron Nelson and Colonial. Story synapsis: my neighbor then was the pro at a private club in Frisco. Let me play there. Mike happened to be there also. Play 2 or 3 holes with him. It was way cool! Super nice dude.

But I wouldn't want to play against him fo' reelz.

(I'm from Syracuse)

SuddenBraking likes this.
  14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

In

Shenanigans and BigBird like this.
  15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Ok, you're a bitch

16. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Rule suggestions...

Limit tank capacity to 24 liters (same as world endurance)

Limit riders to 3 maximum

Have 6 hour races...not 4 hour races.

Sent you a PM about sponsorship Aaron

Lance Molnar and DucatiBomber like this.
  17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Makes no damn sense. Other than scaring the shit out of me, having Tray Batey literally blast past me so close entering Attitudes at Miller that the air pressure sucked then pushed my bike over so far I blew the corner, it is a lifelong memory.

E Reed likes this.
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Nesba sucks!

BigBird, Shenanigans and TurboBlew like this.
  19. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

This attitude still lingers? NESBA was a fantastic organization for trackdays and developing riders. I’m glad N2 was the next evolution of the organization.

The riders who went away crying/bitching were the ones who either couldn’t follow simple rules or couldn’t handle not being able to sign up in A group out of the gate.

pjzocc and tdelegram like this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hook, line, sinker and damn near the pole. Get in the boat, fishy, so Razr can club you with the oar. :crackup: