1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those baggers fishtailing at full speed

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

people spend stupid money on those things.

Past Glory likes this.
  2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I have the MA+ app. I'm asking about actual TV coverage so I can spread the word to the local Harley guys at the bar

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

FIFY

4. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

At first I really didn't get the idea behind the one off class but after seeing these shops build these things and the racers that are lined up to do this I'm excited.

I'm hoping somebody shows up wearing some of Rad Greaves old fringe leather suits.

It's like the idea of guys will build and race anything for the hell of it. The seed gets planted with Pine Wood derby, expolit the rulebook and race!

beac83 and ducnut like this.
  5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a23110414/japanese-dodge-van-racing-dajiban/

BigBird, Wingnut and Pride & Joy like this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

finally - someone is asking the right questions

jd41 likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

At least an ADV class hasn't been tried yet. I have to wonder why MA thinks this will be any more appealing than the last two times we've tried a Harley class. Did they think the bikes just weren't slow and heavy enough?

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

have you seen all the hard core *cough* dudes riding around on their baggers?

they want to see if theirs is the fastest of them.

11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Where I'm at, it's like 95% cruisers vs sportbikes. I've been blabbing about this race to all of them to try and get them interested in MC racing. Seems to be working so far. I text them links to the youtube videos. They like the one from Herrin a lot when he talks about passing some "crotch rockets" as they call them. If it helps, great.

jd41 and jksoft like this.
  12. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I saw where it's supposed to be on Harley TV. I don't know if that's a YouTube channel or an actual network channel.

13. sdg

sdg *

I'll put my money on that guy who has that beer can logo and the new hot wife

renegade17 and Phl218 like this.
  14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Eslick or OHara.... Don’t ask me how I know....

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The last Harley class was a spec class. They don’t work in the long run. This is two manufacturers and lots of different builds. Doesn’t mean it will work, but it sure is a fun experiment.

Banditracer, ducnut and Phl218 like this.
  16. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

what if...they took bikes that were meant to be used on dirt, put streetish tires on them, and then race them on a course that was a mix of dirt and asphalt! That would be cool. Maybe a couple jumps? Jesse bags would make great frame sliders.

17. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I feel like this is just a rehashed (bad) idea... Off memory (possibly suspect), 1st with the VR1000, then the 883 series and onto the 1200 sportsters are they trying to get a share of the HD market for sponsorship and viewership? I'd be led to believe most HD clientele know more about what's on tap along the poker run than is interested in watching roadracing on Sundays.

5axis and ducnut like this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

combined with:

who actually enjoy the "performance" out of their baggers...

--> major bragging rights on the next poker run...

19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'm guessing?: https://tv.harley-davidson.com/

20. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Not TV but available to the masses on MotoAmerica Facebook Live