1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those baggers fishtailing at full speed

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Whatever it is, this class has done its job; getting people to talk about racing mowter-sickles

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The demolition derby is always the most popular event at the county fair... ;)

DucatiBomber, BigBird and rk97 like this.
  3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

There is a point when you enter the corkscrew where the suspension unloads.

With an 800 lb bike, that ought to be real interesting.

4. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

We had Harley races back with the XR1200. I think it's a fun exercise trying to get other bikes involved, but this will go the way of the XR1200 sooner than later.

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It IS a stupid idea. It's also going to be awesome. The stupid ideas are ALWAYS awesome :D

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

exactly, hold my Bud Light in a HD branded koozie. ima git'r dun.

Ra.Ge. Raptor, cha0s#242 and ducnut like this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Moto America....trying desperately to attract the homeless Napcar fan.

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

It ain't shit unless there's fire and explosions.

TurboBlew and cha0s#242 like this.
  9. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

How many stock parts are even left on these bikes though? Seems like comparing a Mustang in a dealership to a funny car.

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I can’t stand anything to do with the V-twin cruiser crowd and the people who ride them. However, I AM enjoying seeing what these companies are doing with them.

drop, Senna and YamahaRick like this.
  11. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

That was great...i thought they would be wobbly goblins shedding bag shards all over the place but dammmm. The track surface wasn't great but hell yeah ill watch that

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'm trying really hard not to be a hater, but they're making it difficult. Imagine pitching IndyCar on a new class where they race Chevy Suburbans. "We're trying to attract the truck crowd" sounds pretty stupid no? Know why they don't race Suburbans? Because they're huge and slow as shit and can't stop or go around corners.

And why does it have side cases? Because it's a "bagger" class? Wtf? You have to basically rebuild the entire motorcycle just to make it capable of getting around a race track, but you still put empty bags on it so we can make believe? If it's really a bagger class then they should keep the radios and play Skynyrd on repeat at 160db for the entire race. I hope they at least have to chug a beer to finish.

Also zero chance they weigh even close to 800 lbs.

drop, Wingnut, motion and 2 others like this.
  13. Jeveritt

Jeveritt Well-Known Member

From the little I know from tinkering with my inherited Harley... Theses guys spends gobs of money. Sure there is the stereotype of spending thousands on chrome, but have you looked into what accessories, performance parts and other "'custom" bolt on parts cost for these damn things? It rivals or argued exceeds Ducati money. You can bolt on a USD GSXR parts for like 3k and thats without race internals.. its pretty mind blowing. I've had this dream to set mine up with sportbike forks, F&R 17's and so on but its still dressing up a turd and I could just go buy a set up r6. Haha BUT with all that said if this draws in a crowed that opens their wallets at events and helps support the over all sport I can't really argue.

jksoft and BigBird like this.
  14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm this is going to be on NBCSN? I cannot find anything on it on the MotoAmerica or the NBCSN websites.

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Pay the $10 for the weekend MA+ pass. It will be worth it.

ducnut, BigBird and Circacee like this.
  16. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

People sleep on the MA Live + app.

Senna likes this.
  17. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

That's why it's gonna be that new Hummer truck in a year or so. :p:D

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm trying to get behind this and get worked up, cuz you know, I love MA and American roadracing as much as the rest of you, but this makes no sense to me. Its a one and done deal. The Harley crowd WILL NEVER get into roadracing. Its just not going to happen. What's next, ADV roadracing?

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I wish there was a way to combine roadracing and SuperMotard racing at the same track on the same weekend.

Many years ago, Road Atlanta would host an MX event, while there was roadracing on the track.

20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Out of all of the riders who do you guys think can drink the most beer?