1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix. What to watch?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Mar 30, 2017.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The Challenger series?

The one that went 'BooM!'?...

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Trial of the Chicago 7 very good. Also, halfway through documentary Lenox Hill, follows four doctors in NYC hospital, excellent.

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

There was a very good TV movie about that made about 10 years ago, "The Challenger Disaster."

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yup. One of those things you never forget where you were when it happened.....

6 year old me sitting in the lunchroom of our school in Cleveland, OH watching it on a number of TV's with another 200 kids and teachers. I was probably too little to fully grasp the situation at first, but remember getting really anxious when I saw a few teachers leaving the room crying.

5. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

It was Senior year at Michigan Tech, etching a circuit board for my senior project when it happened.

6. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I was just out of high school and moved to VA for work... at the apartment when a roommate busts in the door yelling turn the TV on... couldn't believe what I saw on the screen.

7. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

I watched it last week, then did some more digging. Had no idea that the cockpit section was found with all of the astronauts in it, in 100 feet of water. Also learned that 3 of the astronauts turned on what I believe was supplemental oxygen after the initial disintegration. I think I was in the library in middle school watching what was likely a replay of it later that day with the rest of whatever class it was.

BigBird likes this.
  8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

All the telemetry indicated the the g-forces as a result of the explosion would not have been fatal to the crew once the cockpit module (which was essentially a big ingot of aluminum) separated from the shuttle. Horrifying to think of what was happening during the last moments of these heroes lives.......

BigBird likes this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

I somehow got sucked into watching Deaf U....it was fairly interesting. It's like a microcosm of the larger population.

Also, I started to think about how those who are deaf and can lip read are probably having a hard time with all these masks.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When Covid started, there was a radio news story about a nurse at Mission Viejo hospital with this problem. Someone made some masks that had clear plastic in front so she could still work and communicate with co-workers.

BigBird likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

noles19 and OGs750 like this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just watched Rambo: Last Blood on Amazon, what a pile of shyt.

Speaking of Amazon, has anyone watched the new Borat movie. I feel like it's probably going to be a huge waste of time to sit through......anyone else guinea pig themselves?

14. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I will about 7am.

15. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

2nd season of unsolved mysteries is out

16. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

You couldn't pay me to watch one of his movies. Talentless hack.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

It suuuucked. Turned it off after 30 min

SPL170db likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

We’ve enjoyed Red Oaks on prime lately

19. Bloodhound

I thought everyone liked the "Rocky" series?

noles19 likes this.
  20. Bloodhound

Also, I thought Gemeni Man was pretty ok.