1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another truck thread...

Discussion in 'General' started by Rich, Oct 20, 2020.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I realize they must be doing something right because it's probably the hottest truck out there. I go back to the past, when it seems like every inbred redneck in Kentucky drove a jacked up Power Wagon. I can't get that image out of my head. Then there was this one that just cemented the redneck vision to me.

[​IMG]

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't link the appearance to a specific stereotype. It's more the individual doing victory burn outs in celebration of finally nailing his favorite sister/aunt/mom. :D

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Are we just going to ignore the hyperlink at the end of this post?

Something you want to share with the group? :crackup:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    shakazulu12 and ducnut like this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I have no clue why postimage attaches that to their links (well, of course I know why...money) but that was a good one:D And no, I did not click it.

5. Venom51

So your breasts are sized appropriately?

NemesisR6 likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The slant 6 in those old Dodge trucks was damn near bullet proof.

7. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

unless I won the lottery I would never spend that kind of money but fuck if that thing isn't absolutely nuts impressive!!
    0 to 60 in 3 seconds flat that's Corvette territory.....
    It can drive sideways in the sand with 4-wheel steering.
    and 11500 foot pounds of torque that is not a typo that is 11,500 that's 10,000 pounds more torque then a Chevy Dodge or Ford.
    Albeit.it.. Coming from 3 motors the translation probably isn't equal...
    But who cares when an off-road truck that's electric that can bomb faster deeper harder than a Ford raptor get 400 miles a charge, can charge in 10 to 30 minutes.... and a four-wheel drive truck that can do 0 to 60 in 3 seconds..... And it looks decent too ...Unlike the
    Alien 2esqe Cyber truck.
    I mean that right there is Future shock the future just woke up and is he yelling.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Razr likes this.
  8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

[emoji23] I guess I’m a redneck cause I would love to have that truck! Better yet the power wagon from Simon and Simon.
    [​IMG]

cpettit, ducnut, brex and 1 other person like this.
  9. Skrawny

Skrawny Well-Known Member

5.3L 8 speed in my truck, 60K on it now.

Torque converter shake has seemed to be fixed. Still gets all confused on it's upshifts between 1st and 3rd gears at times.

I do like the truck, other than the transmission at times.

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a Colt Seavers replica truck either.

MachineR1 and ducnut like this.
  11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The Jeep Gladiator is offered with a manual transmission, FYI.

12. Venom51

But it's still a Jeep and I find nothing appealing about them. If the beast died in a terrible accident I guess my choice would be..replace it with another 15 year old version of itself or put some pirate patches over my eyes and buy the Jeep.

dobr24 likes this.
  13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I've always wanted a real power wagon since my neighbor got one way back in the 70's. The thing was beyond stout with a winch mounted on the front and WWII type tires. He left it original with dents and rust and drove it everywhere, especially when there was deep snow. He'd go out, just for fun, to pull folks out of ditches. I'll bet that thing is still going 40 years later.

14. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

And this was the fastest US built production vehicle in 1978 and 1979. How messed up is that?

TurboBlew and rd400racer like this.
  15. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

The performance is probably moot for me, but great design, space, range etc is awesome. Too bad it's soo expesnsive.

Oh, and regarding the torque, they're advertising wheel torque, not motor torque. So basically they're telling you the torque at the tire after it passes through the gearbox (multiplier). For instance, a 2500 Chevy diesel with the 10spd would make like 13,000ft-lb in first gear at peak toque. Gas/Diesel engines are always rated/advertised at the engine though.

16. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

I've got a 2017 RTL-E Ridgeline, and the A/C works almost too well on the truck. I'm in SoCal, too, and seeing temps of 100+ is common.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Vehicle color and where you park it can make a big difference in perceived A/C performance. When I park my black SUV outside vs. in the garage it makes a significant difference in how long it takes to cool down when I start driving.

R Acree likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tj Hunter and SuddenBraking like this.
  19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’s the same model as his 2019. Dark gray color.

Doesn’t matter on my black Silverado. It blows arctic, as soon as I hit the switch.

20. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member