1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rolling Stone Top 500 Albums...Discuss

Discussion in 'General' started by tiggen, Oct 19, 2020.

1. ton

ton Arf!

and furthermore... not a single Zeppelin record in the top 50? fuck that list.

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Seriously? I'm glad I didn't waste any time reading it.

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Yeah, not one, but TWO radiohead albums in the top 50 lol. I know exactly the demographic of douchbags that wrote that list. The only reason any "good" music made that list at all, is because they once "heard" about one of those albums being good, and put it on there in an "ironic" kind of way. List is a joke.

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Fordeenth.

(I wouldn't know Radiohead if it landed on me, but I love me some Marvin Gaye.)

5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The list goes like this.

1. Appetite for Destruction

2-100 who the fuck cares

Potts N Pans and brex like this.
  6. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I haven’t paid attention to the magazine in years, my first thought looking at the tire was “I know The Rolling Stones have been around forever but have they really made 500 f’ing albums?”

You have to admit it’s in the realm of possibility...

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay Computer is a fantastic album, almost perfect, a must own. Better then IV?

Man, I hate Zeppelin but I don't think so.

8. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

The whole list is suspect when they don’t even get rankings for a single band correct. Kid A better than OK Computer? Don’t think so.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you want to see how utterly worthless the newest list actually is go read the wikipedia entry about the RS top 500 albums.

A lot of idiots voted not on the music and songs but because of other reasons.

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Good album, yeah, top 50?.....................List=Millennial drivel.

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:There is alot of albums on there that are about on the same level of enjoyable listening for me as babies crying but least Cardi B isn't on the list.

12. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

At least they got it right with Sgt Peppers as the best Beatles album.

13. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Please tell me Pearl Jam's album Ten is on the list.

14. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

do the Beatles really need 5 albums in the top 50? Influential yes, but not every album, maybe the white album or abbey road...

Razr likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Given their influence at the time, yep.

16. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

where's Hysteria rank? If you understood what Mutt Lange and Def Leppard did on Pyromania or specifically Hysteria it deserves to be in the top 50 for sure. They would record all background vocals on separate tracks, then mix them like a chord to bring certain notes out and thats why Def Leppard sounded so huge on the album.