1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP subscriber?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lee57, Aug 26, 2020.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

And for the love of Rossi, please stop cutting away to show us pit reactions during the middle of a race!! Especially MM93/73's crazy old man.

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

If the announcers could also define what their UK sayings mean, that'd be great. Related to the prior post, last race they said Julian Marquez "was a bunch of kittens" or some shit like that - would love to know what the fuck that means.

Senna likes this.
  3. Seiko

Seiko Well-Known Member

A better / lower price (or deal) for next season for MotoGP subscribers since the reason was cut short due to Covid. The shorter season has been epic so far but it would still be nice to have next season prorated or maybe a free WSBK season thrown in :D

badmoon692008 and pscook like this.
  4. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

NOT a TANGENT!! You summarized very well the major issue (IMHO) with both the MotoGP and the WSBK broadcasts: two jabbering journalists in the commentary box that do not have the world championship level racing experience or knowledge to provide the insight that knowledgeable viewers crave. And the jabbering just amplifies the irritation, at least it does for me.

MyWayGuy likes this.
  5. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Agree. That was kind of the direction I was going with my rant. What you are hearing is the standard "English language" feed, which would also be what you would hear on "non-subscriber" broadcasts. There is no special "subscriber" announcing.

The "excitement level" of the announcing is a subjective thing. People on here will complain that there is too much yelling and hyperbole and others will miss some past announcer being more "excited" about the race. These comments will be about the same exact broadcast.

I've consigned myself that they are trying to walk that line with their broadcast and certainly know more about how to do that than I do, so live with it.

As for the "yay Britannia" stuff, they mostly think everybody who speaks English in the world is one of their colonies, so why wouldn't we be more interested in "that *some village* lad"... :)

It's particularly grating not when Sam Lowes is fighting for the lead, but when they are talking about some UK rider not in the race while something exciting is happening on the screen.

BigBird likes this.
  6. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

In the document that I sent to the interview team I included a list of 42 UK only expressions that the Brit commentators use. That one was not on the list, so now it's 43.

7. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Makes me miss Chris Carter from my old 500 GP VHS tapes... "Knee scraping the tarmac..."

He genuinely loved anybody who raced (or rode a motorcycle for that matter). His Daytona radio show chats with Larry Pegram and Kevin Schwantz were comedy gold!

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

They seemed to have a new (maybe they've used it before) deal where there put a small video feed in that riders classification section on the left of the screen for Aragon, especially towards the end of the race.

That was fine.

But yea, the full-screen pit reactions aren't necessary or wanted, especially when there's action happening.

MachineR1, CRA_Fizzer and Yzasserina like this.
  9. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I wish Dorna would ban the use of "penultimate lap" and " carousel " by the announcers. Don't know why, but I hate hearing them say that during a race.

10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

That`s emotion ,for the bitches..:crackup:

11. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Keep the live feed going during Replays in a PiP window.

BigBird and badmoon692008 like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There aren't enough to justify another entire booth and live commentary from it.

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Oh dear Yes! A smaller vocabulary, please..... :D

And we suggest staying away from road america, ...mid-ohio (and many others), you won't it like there! :D

R1M370 likes this.
  14. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

Interview conducted this morning via Microsoft Teams.
    Four Dorna employees were on the video conference.
    The initiative, intended to improve the MotoGP offering based on feedback from selected subscribers, is driven from the top of Dorna
    Dorna has hired a consultant to guide the process.
    My hopes are high, my expectations are low.
    Now is a good time to send feedback: [email protected]
    Send me a PM with email address if you would like a copy of the document that I sent to the Dorna team

15. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

They are a bunch of homers aren’t they. Though they seem to do a decent job backing us colonials too. :flag:

BigBird likes this.
  16. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

No offense meant, some of my best friends are Britistanians... :p

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

They definitely seem to like the red white and blue racers :)

MyWayGuy likes this.
  18. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

What do Quartararo and Zarco have to do with Brit colonies?

MyWayGuy likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

MyWayGuy likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I don’t mind the British announcers. Just show a little more love.