1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: quick fill system Dry Break Female

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by KneeDragger_c69, May 29, 2020.

1. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

So I'm looking to purchase quick fill system Dry Break Female, preferably in used but if not then new it is.

I'm sure there are shops all over the States that might have one laying around and just itching to get rid of it.

Any contacts or sites besides the CLARKE one that sells for $205.
    [​IMG]

Thnx
    Alex

2. Steve750r

Steve750r Well-Known Member

Find one?

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

On a semi-related point. I bought an R6 that came with the female side of the Dry Break. I tried to find a tank to go with it, but they were all crazy money and I was only sprint racing with it. I ended up with the the Tuff Jug with the KTM adapter and it works perfectly. I got the 2.5gal jug and it's super easy to lift and portion out the gas I need for a sprint race.

Also, the female dry break is not water tight if it rains hard enough. Put something over it or you'll be draining your tank to get the water out.

4. KneeDragger_c69

Not yet... :(

5. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  6. KneeDragger_c69

Ya I've been in contact with the seller.
    Offered to purchase just the dry break and not the tank for a bit less, as it would also cost less for him to ship but he never followed through.
    I can't cross over the border and pick it up. I have already a few items waiting at Freeport Forwarding.
    Don't want more stuff stagging there for nothing.

Do appreciate you looking :)

7. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

You know, I just remembered that I have an extra female valve in parts that I'll put reassemble today. If it's good I'll give you a nice deal on it.

Otherwise, another avenue is to keep an eye out for "souvenir" IndyCar or Champ car parts. I bought the current dry break that's on our team bike off ebay for something like $25.00.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  8. KneeDragger_c69

Wow that is an awesome deal.

If your female dry break is complete (once assembled) and the price is right... yes I'd like it plz.

Thnx

9. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

10. KneeDragger_c69

No worries... I appreciate the time you took for this :)

11. KneeDragger_c69

Still looking for a dry break !

12. KneeDragger_c69

BTW what would you need to do to get it serviable ?
    What machine tools do you need ?

I am a machinist, so might be able to work it out for me.

13. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Basically the filler neck/flange needs to be redone. You'd need a lathe and something that can do a hole pattern for the three screws that hold the valve together. Plus at least two of the three bushings need to be made or replaced. You should have no trouble doing what needs to be done. I can take pics and message you the details later this week.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  14. KneeDragger_c69

Yes plz send it my way. Curious if I can do it, with what is available to moi. :)

Thnx

15. KneeDragger_c69

Still looking...
    Anyone ?

16. KneeDragger_c69

still on the hunt