1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bagger Blast off

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeff McKinney, Jul 13, 2020.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

At the end of the day this is all for show and the rules frankly don't matter

2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

5C4F1CBD-2BF6-4041-9DA4-73FE54AE2C4E.jpeg

so ridiculous..

i love it

JBall and MachineR1 like this.
  3. joec

joec brace yourself

It's an exhibition class. I'd think there will be all kinds of questions about modifications. I'm really doubting there will be tear downs. Leave it loose, semi run what ya brung, go have fun.

YamahaRick likes this.
  4. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

just looked at the rules and it's not going to be all that exciting watching 131cc baggers running around....

3.1.2 Engine configurations and displacement capacities Harley-Davidson Motorcycles: originally equipped V-Twin engine with a maximum displacement of 131cc or S&S Twin Cam Engine w/MSO Indian Motorcycles: Originally equipped V-Twin Engine

JJJerry and NemesisR6 like this.
  5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I think the Trask team may have just set a record. 200hp/131cc = 1527 hp/liter. That's incredible.

6. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

On closer inspection the race is rigged in favor of Indian... based on the wording they are allowed a full sized originally sized V twin motor...

The fix is in.

VFR#52, Pixelator and cBJr like this.
  7. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I'm gonna say fz and Touring Harley have equally shit chassis. You've got 90hp, they've got nearly 190. They've gotta carry 200 more lbs. Maybe get ready my friend... :D

Monsterdood, Gino230 and renegade17 like this.
  8. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

its going to be fun to watch as long as nobody oils the track lol

9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I just hope these guys don't get too overzealous........no matter how much lighter they are than stock, that's a lot of pig-iron to be throwing around and momentum is a bitch.

But damn is this exciting.

ducnut likes this.
  10. joec

joec brace yourself

The interview with Ben Bboz (he's "the ben" around here) he talks a bit about the crappy chassis. It's funny.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Maybe 131 ci? WHich is something over 2000cc :crackup:

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Ben Bostrom is legendary... my track ‘career’ barely overlapped his racing days, but i vividly remember a print copy of road racing world with an article about Hayes joining BBoz for some saddle time in an endurance XC MTB race.

Between his racing and athletic abilities, and the super gracious personality on display in this video, the guy might be able to talk me into going vegan...

13. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Accurized; 131ci = 2146 cc

The Bostrum brothers were riding for Bartels back when I was cutting my teeth at Willow Springs

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, 146 over 2000cc :D

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I was at Laguna Seca that year, and it rained. The Boz brothers and Nate Whatshisname all put flat tracker bars on their 883s, and put their foot down through the corners.

1993, I think?

[added] Nate "Gator" Wait, or something like that?

16. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

2146.705 to be exact... But rules is rules and Ohara or Garcia should protest errybody

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Matt Wait maybe?

18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Yeah, could have been as well. Also brothers, IIRC.

19. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I was trying to find some pictures of an old magazine article where Kenny Roberts took Eddie Lawson around the track on a Yamaha Venture "full boat" touring rig. Funny stuff, but can't turn up anything on the interwebs. Reminds me a little of this.

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

And they had the stereo blasting country music the entire time.