1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 11 | Spain | Aragon | Oct 23-25

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 19, 2020.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Is there a shortage of hookers in Vegas?

Also, I don't buy the "keep intel safe" logic. Rather than trying knickknacks and keeping up on bleeding edge tech, Yamaha has always relies more on the overall package working. When did they finally implement a holeshot device? 6 months ago?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah, like there's a shortage of world champions that will ride around behind Bradley Smith every weekend.

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I think their egos just are large and thought they had the perfect package minus the engines at the beginning of the season and Jorge couldn’t test those since they are sealed so why bother sending him out there.

4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Is he fit enough to race ? The Ducati broke his body and the Honda broke his will. That’s saying something considering he has to be one of the toughest in the mental department that’s been in GP.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

WUt

He and Mav12 are both not really what one would label as tough mentally.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Wut, really? He's always been calm and collected. Dude also raced a day after doing this to his collarbone, and came in 5th.

[​IMG]

Blammo, YamahaRick and BHP41 like this.
  7. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

nd4spd likes this.
  8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Phl218, nd4spd and OGs750 like this.
  9. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I think this is a strategic move on Yamaha's part. They are still in trouble with the engine allocations, so no needs to put miles on those bikes for little to no reward (based on JL's testing pace at Portimao).

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But does Lorenzo riding the bike cut into Rossi's engine allocation?

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yes, but who the hell cares at this point..........Rossi's season is Aliens-level "Game over, man. Game over!"

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I care. He needs a good motor to get to 200 podiums.

Quicktoy and Razr like this.
  13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

For a one off it will. Someone needs to fact check me here, but I believe after around 3 races the replacement rider gets their own allocation.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I would like to see that happen also.

15. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

As much as I would like to believe this I think the curse of the bambino...I mean Suzuki will come to light. Somehow, someway the championship will be lost by them. I say that as a huge Suzuki fan....

16. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Hoping for rain again for at least one of the remaining rounds- sure would like seeing the old 04 retire a champ.

17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Funny how Suzuki builds a better Yamaha GP bike than Yamaha these days!

Man, if Suzuki had that bike and some actual infrastructure and money they could be the best manufacturer on the grid. It’s so sad that the bike is so damned good but they won’t go all in like KTM.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm going to go with Miller for the win.

and if Suzuki doesn't pick up some strong sponsorship in the upcoming off season that is squarely on them with either laziness, they don't want the money or their sponsorship person is completely inept and needs someone to pee in their ear.

ShadowBoxer and noles19 like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean red bull is leaving KTM, and sponsorship money in general is tough to get, especially motorsports.

Remember the Factory Yamaha had no main sponsor until Rossi came back.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think they are just leaving Tech3. Staying on with the factory team.

I was reading that the Bull was replacing Repsol at the factory Honder. I wonder if Honda leaving F1 and the Red Bull teams with no engines might affect that.

Phl218 likes this.