1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP subscriber?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lee57, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

My assumption is that she works for Dorna. Email address @dorna.com. Companies sometimes give consultants and contract employees company email addresses, though, to facilitate communication. I am hoping that she is a consultant as they often have more influence and at a higher level.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

To quote Larry the Cable Guy, "Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are".

:D:D

cav115 and R Acree like this.
  3. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

Five years ago I dropped TV service. Then three years ago I upgraded cable modem and router and went to a 100+MBPS internet service plan. I think my MotoGP streaming is and has been at least 98% at 1080P ever since, or at least as long as they have offered 1080P if it was sometime after my upgrades. WSBK is still at 720P max res and is also fairly reliable with my set-up.

BigBird likes this.
  4. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

Nuke the Ass Cam! Onboard views from the front of the bikes please.

NemesisR6, jksoft and Knotcher like this.
  5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I'm just back here to say

60fps.

I know it may seem trivial, but this is a crazy high speed sport. The sense of speed and detail for how the bikes are moving would be significantly improved with this one change (albeit potentially financially impossible due to camera limitations).

nd4spd likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

My wife honestly has lost interest watching with me because of the commentators. And you can tell them this. All they want to do is hype the British racers and get excited for them and it’s turned her off from watching.

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

It's not the camera limitations. Pretty much all digital video is native standard 60fps.

That take a dip in the streaming world where bandwidth is king, and it take a buttload more to provide that video in 1080P and 60fps. The vast majority of streaming services typically cap a lot of their content at 30fps, even sporting events.........just the way things are. I wouldn't every expect Dorna to pave the way in that regard......

BigBird likes this.
  8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Since it’s Festivus

Fix the WSBK app. It’s complete shit. As is the website. Complete shit.

Also, more articles to go along with all the video. It may be just me but there are a lot of times where I’d rather read what the rider said about something than have to watch a video. FQ recent issue regarding this weekend is an example.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Don't have the numbers but there's very likely a shitload more limeys watching the english broadcast than Joe Roberts fans. A bite from reality is a bitch.

The main commentators are fine.

It's the Moto E chap that is so high pitched that only dogs get interested in descriptions. I'd watch those races. Want to, but I can't. I just cant...

BigBird likes this.
  10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

That’s fine and dandy. But do they want to draw American viewers or not? There’s no love felt.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You're needy!

:D

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

F#cking hell. Y'all musta forgot watching 500's on NBC on a tube TV. Some people can bitch about anything.

cav115, beechkingd and turbulence like this.
  13. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

I agree completely with your first and last points, but disagree absolutely with the second.

14. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

In the document that I sent to the Dorna team this morning, I suggested that if Dorna wants to increase the number of subscribers substantially, then they should invest substantially in motorbike racing in the USA, e.g. "USA Talent Cup".

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Ask her to have each device default to "no spoilers", please. Tried to watch Sunday's race at the gym and it was pretty fucking annoying to see "Rins beats Marquez in great race" as the headline.

Philip Mirgliotta, BigBird and jksoft like this.
  16. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

I do not believe that WSBK is not within the scope of the interview, except where I have documented to them that WSBK is superior (No-Spoiler page, for example).

I agree re: articles. I have recommended that they simplify (minimize graphics) and improve the presentation/organization of the videos/articles page to make it easier to choose and navigate.

17. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

WILL DO FOR SURE!!! Thanks for suggesting this. My Chrome bookmark is the "SPOILER-FREE" page because I never watch the live feed, and I want to avoid the spoil. There should be a default page selection in preferences for subscribers to be able to choose "SPOILER-FREE".

BigBird, Quicktoy and SuddenBraking like this.
  18. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

What I have added to my document so far based on your comments and requests:

REQUESTS FROM THE WERA (USA Club Racing Promoter) COMMUNITY:

● Include video of Simon Crafar conducting interviews on the grid, and on pit lane
    ● Broadcast with 60fps video feed, please
    ● Eliminate the “butt-cam” (por favor, eliminar la cámara que ve al piloto desde atrás)
    ● Improve YouTube video publications. The Formula1 format is a good model - sequential clips with narration
    ● Many complaints about commentary. Mostly similar to my complaints. (hay mucha gente que piensa que los comentaristas son muy malos, a excepción de Simón)
    ● A few complaints about MotoGP customer service lack of responsiveness
    ● Requests to make subscriber default webpage the "SPOILER-FREE" page, for obvious reasons

Yes, I speak Spanish; I intend to speak Spanish as much as possible during the interview.

19. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

The only thing I would add is a reminder that, at least in my eyes, being a subscriber means I am not a casual fan. I don’t need hyperbole from the play by play announcers to know a good race from a boring race, I or will they convince me a boring is anything else. Generally speaking, they need to to it down.

What I do want more of as a subscribe is analysis, tech talks, in-depth rider perspective (past or present). For example, I just watch Simon’s tech talk from LeMans weekend, and while talking about a riders tuck he mentions that pushing a pop can size object through the air at 200kph is worth 1hp. It’s a small nugget of info, but say a lot about the size of gains teams and rides are looking for. This is what I find interesting as a subscriber.

Sorry for going off on a tangent. :)

jksoft, badmoon692008 and Smilodon like this.
  20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I'd like to request a personal shout out from Rossi once he's back. if you can include that on the list please

SuddenBraking likes this.