1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP subscriber?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lee57, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

Anna Cayuela, the "Head of CRM at MotoGP" contacted me to schedule a 30 minute "interview". It is scheduled for tomorrow morning with Anna and 4 other folks with Dorna.

Please let me know if you have any complaints and/or recommendations that you would like for me to represent to Anna and her team for you.

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Does she work for a team or for motoGP? Because I have a few things.

3. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Can you ask that they find an editor for their YouTube content that isn't edited by a 12 year old ADHD?

Really, just copy what F1 does. Sequential clips with a narrator that tells the story as it unfolds, and uploaded in a timely manner (like hours after practice/qualifying/race, not days/weeks).

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What is CRM?

5. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Get rid of the virtual fan wall.

Phl218, 418 and BHP41 like this.
  6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Quick poll.

My usual experience with MotoGP in terms of streaming quality.
    • HiRes: 5%
    • Medium Res: 90%
    • 24 pixel Res: 2%
    • Black screen with a cluster fuck circle: 2%
    • Shifting between resolution: 6%

7. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Make them bring the umbrella girls back to the grid.

8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Customer Relationship usually

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Ho-Lee-fuck, My hat's off to you. I can't even being that much of a pain in the ass, that a head of CRM schedules a half hour meeting with me to air my grievances. Master level Karen achieved!

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Neil Spalding was the best technical analyst ever. I miss that guy's commentary big time.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

stream stability would be my main concern.

i can take a lower res for a while, but if the stream pauses and i have to switch , that is a major annoyance...

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

At least they deliver 105%!

Knotcher and Phl218 like this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Curmudgeon Retention Magic

Lee57 likes this.
  14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

60 fps.

They can not have commentators for all I care.

60 fps.

nd4spd and SGVRider like this.
  15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The feed is expensive and sometimes buggy, but my biggest issue with Dorna is their absolute shit customer service. I don’t know if it’s a European thing in general or a Dorna thing.

Years ago, I had bought a one month subscription. I then bought the one year. They then ended up charging me for the one month after I’d already paid for the one year. Logically, I thought getting the one year would cancel the other one and thought nothing of it. I then got charged for another month. When I complained to their customer service they essentially told me to go fuck myself and wouldn’t give me a refund. I didn’t buy the pass for years after that, and if I had any remotely viable alternative I still wouldn’t buy the pass because of that incident.

They also had a problem with their iPhone app for ages where it was stuck in some kind of loop where you had to choose some setting, but it would never allow you to view content because the setting change would never persist. I asked about it and they kept giving me useless solutions and refused to escalate it.

Dorna doesn’t give a shit about their paying customers. The only reason I pay for the pass is because the alternatives are total garbage.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

My "Gold Standard" for motorsports coverage was the old BBC coverage for F1 racing. There may be that level of coverage coming from SkyTV (Wasn't Colin Edwards doing some of that at one point), but the subscription service is essentially "English Feed" coverage. The photography is outstanding with the great slow-mos and on-boards (when will WSB reach that level?), the announcers vary from "very good" to "okay", so pretty good on the average.

What I miss is any feeling of "inside-ness". Occasionally, Simon gets some useful bit of information that isn't obvious, but no real pre-show or wrap-up that has anybody providing any newsworthy information. The new "after the flag" show is a pale shadow of the original one, with two people standing in front of a drop-cloth regurgating post-race press conference stuff. My other issue is that we never get to *see* Simon talking to a rider or team personnel. It always visually shows footage of some other coverage (apparently better than the official coverage) interviewing riders we can't hear while when we do hear Simon interviewing someone (other than post race), it is not shown.

That is my list of minor grievances. In general the coverage is worth keeping for me, but I would like to see it expand beyond just showing the race (which admittedly is the important part) to more coverage of the event itself, the teams, the riders, etc.

And yes, the technical level of the streaming experience could use some improvement as well. I notice that anything other than the race itself has jerky frame rates.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

This might actually bring a lot of "bikers" as in the Harley faithful into the racing fray. Nothing wrong with innovation.
    Good for roadracing . Shit...just think of those t-shirts they're gonna be sportin'. ;)

18. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

You lookin for the baggers thread?

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I wish they'd talk less. We don't need nonstop talk, let us listen to the bikes, especially when they blather on with bullshit.

Have Anna get on this page and scroll thru our advice. Tell her the beeb has all the answers. :D

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

No shit.....:crackup: Brain fart.