1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 12 now available

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Just ordered the pro. For me the 5g was the big thing over my x and I’m lucky we have coverage here for it. And with the resale of these phones being so good that will take care of about half the cost.

2. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

My iPad Pro has 120hz refresh rate and you’re right, it makes using the screen feel buttery smooth. It’s definitely a bummer they couldn’t get that in the phone too.

3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Anyone need cases for the 11 Pro Max ? I have one that uses GoPro mounts. Giving my dad the 11 and he won’t use it.

4. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Waiting for Aragon results so we can explain what everyone did wrong.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. Chango

Chango Something clever!

They could have, but now they have a built-in upgrade so everyone can buy next year's fancy new iPhone.

BigBird likes this.
  6. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Blasphemy!!! You sayin’ your telephone is more powerful than my Commodore 64 computer?!

I get what you’re saying. I said that I’m not spending $1000 for a phone, but when you put it in your perspective, it really is a computer. We do use our phones for pretty much everything we use laptops for, with the exception of writing documents, spreadsheets, etc.

I will get a “new” phone when my 6S dies.

BigBird likes this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

When I got my X they wanted me to sell them my 6S...for $50. I told them to pound sand. It makes a perfect GPS and music storage unit.

sharkattack likes this.
  8. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I like that idea; use the old phone just for music and GPS. Great idea.

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You might check on the battery too. I happened to catch their $29 battery replacement for 6's...it's like a new phone now. But that deal might be over.

sharkattack likes this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I replaced my own for $20, the tools you need to open the case come with the battery.
    Watch a video on Youtube to see the whole job, it's tit.

rd400racer likes this.
  11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Zero fucks given.
    I don't even buy premium Android phones anymore. The second tier phones are so good now, the premium ones only have fringe benefits over them. My Samsung Galaxy A51 does everything I need and it was a fraction of the price of an S10.

12. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

How does that function with the GPS? Obviously the GPS should work fine, but I thought the map info was pulled in via the data connection. Does it work while traveling, for instance to show you everything you need for location, map, gps, etc?

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

5G, any professionals here?
    I have a buddy that works with it. He says they released too soon without proper testing and now they, Verizon, is spending billions to try and fix it, multiple times.
    Apparently, they did all their testing in a lab, proclaimed all systems good, installed a shit-ton of tower transceivers to find out, in reality, it sucks so bad it won't even transmit through glass.
    How's that for a fine how do you do?
    <smh>

14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Cool new iphone 12, has android note 3 features....

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I bought a 5G TMobile phone a few months ago, the Motorola Edge 5G, for $500.00. Nice phone. Previously a VZW user, I tested TMo for a month on their PP service. I've bitched about TMo in the past as a second tier level provider, but they have improved greatly in the past few years.

When I signed up with TMo, I received two free i11 phones, which were quickly sold, and will pay for two lines of service for about 18 months.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

iPhones have had GPS chips in them for quite awhile now.... I dunno... since maybe around iPhone 7. They don't need data service.

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

With Google Maps, you can download mapping data of the area where you will be traveling prior to your trip, so that the GPS can still show where you are on a map. Obviously you cannot request a route to a destination w/o a data connection, but you can do that prior to your trip as well.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

19. tack514

tack514 Well-Known Member

I use my old iphone as a moutain bike gps for when i go to unfamiliar trails. It has worked very well and much cheaper than a $400 garmin 830 (which I had and sent back). plus if it gets beat up I don't cry....but i still do cry when I get beat up.

BigBird likes this.