1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have an update on melka

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Heal well Greg

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

GWS Melkman! Pulling for you.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well crap! Heal up quick Melkman!!!

4. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear....get well Greg.

5. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Get Well Melka!

6. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Let us know if you need anything Greg

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Dang.
    hate to hear about guys getting hurt.

Heal up soon...

8. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Greg - heal up man!!!!!!!!

t

9. joec

joec brace yourself

Feel better soon!

10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Hate to hear this kinda new. Heal well Greg.

11. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

What happened? Did all 3 of them crash together?? I saw MW SB was re-started before a lap was even completed, and neither Mesa, Melka or Farrell were in the re-start.

12. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Mesa was not involved and was in the restart, although he didn’t finish due to a mechanical. Without going into too much detail, a soft barrier was clipped going onto the banking out of the barrel turn. Seems like a third rider got involved when they couldn’t successfully navigate the crash scene. We all are wishing the best for Greg. One of the scariest things I’ve come across on a race track.

Shenanigans, Shocker, sbk1198 and 2 others like this.
  13. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Well shit. Get better Melka. There’s dirty bikes that aren’t getting ridden without you!

14. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Get better Melkman

15. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

16. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Best wishes for Melka and anyone else involved...

Melka may sometimes have an unpopular opinion but he was always helpful, informative and straight up anytime I asked him a question about R6's.

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Same here

Bloodhound likes this.
  18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

From Jason Farrell...

Not how you ever want to end my race weekend.
    I had a horrendous crash @ Daytona heading up onto the banking out of turn 6 on the first lap of the MWSB.
    Spun the rear tire out of 6 from the tire being cooled off waiting on the start.
    I hit the transition going up the banking and it bucked a little putting me wide. The wind was fierce and blowing up the banking. I thought I was good and I kept getting closer and closer to the wall going up the banking.

I stayed in it thinking I’d be close but not hit the air fence. Well 10’ left I thought I’d make it but being leaned over I hit the air fence flap laying in the ground. That made me lose grip and I contacted the air fence with the bar brake guard.
    The bars turned and I flipped over the at the top of the banking.

I was in complete disbelief at that moment not believing I’m crashing in this crazy way.
    Knowing Greg Melka was right behind me as well as my fiancé Jessica Capizzi I feared the worst. As I flipped over I believe I was hit by Greg as he had nowhere to go. He flipped over and we both ended up tumbling and sliding on the banking.

Everything was so surreal in my mind. I know I got about 50 more bikes behind me and might get run over. Greg and I laid about 20’ apart at the bottom of the banking unable to move. I got the wind knocked out of me bad and had serious chest and back pain.

As I was laying there I had no idea what was going to happen. Well parts of the airfence was flung down the banking and a rider hit it and crashed as well. That riders downed bike was hit by another rider who flipped into the path of me and Greg. His bike clipped my foot and then hit Greg at a high rate of speed as he was laying there.

I was very worried about Jessica having to see me laying there motionless as well as Greg.
    She is pretty traumatized about the whole thing as so many people that saw us laying there feared the worst. Finally after a min I could start breathing again but my chest and back pain was bad.

Greg and another 2 riders were laying there and parts were all over the track. I managed to get up and walk away and had to sit down to catch my breath again.
    Greg wasn’t moving and neither was one other rider (Tyler) I believe.
    I managed to pick my bike up and ride it back to the pits because I wanted to let Jessica know I was going to be ok.
    Many riders were in tears over what they saw.

Greg is currently in ICU being treated for many injuries.
    Tyler is out of the hospital and going to be ok.
    I ask for prayers for them and their families.

It was a weird strange crash and felt I got somehow sucked up to the wall. Ive been around that track so many times before but never had an experience like that.

Pic is of my leathers.
    Thanks to my ONEX USA suit and Arai Helmet for keeping me safe.
    I’ve got a small scrape on my foot and a very sore body.
    The suit ripped and I have not a scratch anywhere else.

I’m still feeling a bit weird after the whole crash.

MELK-MAN, Ducman851, stk0308 and 5 others like this.
  19. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Thank you for providing the info from Jason F. as far as what happened.

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Wow. Best wishes Greg.

Quicktoy likes this.