1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rinaldi takes Chaz Davies ARUBA.IT Ducati seat for 2021

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Oct 14, 2020.

1. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

welp. ducati looks kinda silly now.

2. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

According to my sources...

Beaubier, and his tiddies, are for sure/100% off to the American Racing Moto2 team for 2021.

Given that Chaz rode for Attack back in 2007, he and Stamboli are homeboys. Chaz in for the vacant Attack of the Monsters Yamaha superbike seat for 2021.

(My sources: No less than 4 vodka/tonics.)

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

How does Ducati look silly? Yeah, Chaz won the final race, but Rinaldi finished 7th overall, top independent rider on the 2019 Factory bike. He finished ahead of both BMW factory riders, both Honda Factory riders, and 3 points behind Lowes and all those riders were on 2020 factory bikes. He's cheaper than Chaz and he is Italian on an Italian manufacturer bike. Put him on the very same bike as Chaz and Redding with the same support and I bet he would have finished higher.

4. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i mean... chaz finished third overall.

wsbk stats:

7 poles, 32 wins, 37 2nds, 29 3rds, 98 total podiums.

finished runner up in the championship 3 times and 3rd in the championship 2 times.

he’s arguably been the best wsbk rider not named jonny rea in the last 6 years?

time will tell what Rinaldi gives them, but to me this just feels like ducati was looking for something new. but no one has been able to be consistent enough to take the championship from Rea.. bautista got close, redding looked promising. it’s not a chaz problem, and maybe rinaldi will get lucky and catch Rea on the backside of his career. he’s definitely starting to look human.

unfortunately for chaz his prime years overlapped with Rea’s or he’d have a few superbike championships to his name.

kinda like the detroit pistons during the michael jordan years.

do some stat comparison

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/rider/Chaz+Davies/1871

98 podiums in 237 races or 41%

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/rider/Michael Ruben+Rinaldi/3994

vs 3 podiums in 77 or 4%

5. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

All good points, and I'm a huge Chaz fan, but ultimately Chaz has had 7 seasons and two pretty different machines to do it on and couldn't win the title. I understand he's been second best lots of those years, but I believe it's probably understood none of the 'usual suspects' are going to beat Rea. Rinaldi makes sense as I'm sure he's quite a bit cheaper than Chaz.

6. ljuice26

Not apples to apples comparison. Rinaldi has never been on the latest factory bike like Chaz. We will see. Give him 7 years with the factory team and lets see his stats after those years.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ducati is still trying to keep Chaz on a factory-spec bike with support staff next year on a private team.

G2G, Shocker, Circacee and 1 other person like this.
  8. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

So, he's swapping seats with Rinaldi?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, they haven't found a team yet.

10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Maybe I don't get what you mean with the Pistons...they won back to back titles during Jordan's time in the NBA. The Worm later joined MJ for some more rings.

Maybe Stockton/Malone with the Jazz??

11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Thing is, this is not what Ducati wants. Its nice and all for stats, but Ducati rather give a shot to a younger rider in hopes to actually win the championship. Same thing with Dovi

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ducati wanted to keep Dovi. He didn't want to take the cut in pay for 2020 they wanted him to take and the lesser pay in 2021.

13. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

i love Ducati is letting 3 proven winners go. 2020 is nuts

14. ljuice26

What 3 proven winners? I dont see any chips. Winning = championships, not coming in second.

15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

As we see in MotoGP sometimes the factory team doesn't get it right