1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 08 | Pirelli Estoril Round | 16 - 18 OCT

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Oct 14, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

noles19 and Quicktoy like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I mean, there was a time when Pramac literally could not afford spare forks. Look at them now. When there is a will, there is a way.

3. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Money and support. The bike will have a 2nd year of development and he’d have a fair chance on a factory effort to really cement his name. The bike has gotten progressively better all year and surpassed BMW quickly. Haslam is getting old and Bautista appears to need GP style bike to consistently run up front. I think Garrett would do well and be the 1st factory HRC guy since Edwards to be legit...wishful thinking I know

4. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

The only thing that would worry me about going to Honda is their hot/cold relationship in motorsports. One minute they’re all in, the next they’re gone. Been that way for over twenty years now in all the disciplines.

Quicktoy and noles19 like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Fair point:crackup:
    I was thinking purely from a performance aspect of the bikes. Nothing about what I've seen from the Honda says it's going to be a consistent winner

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Great race! Impressed massively with Gerloff and Rea.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't think WSBK riders have much of a chance of moving up. Seems to be quite the opposite, actually. GG may have to head to Moto2. If Roberts and Boobie do good, that would certainly help his cause.

8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Was Colin a HRC rider or a Ten Kate rider? Was Ten Kate an official HRC team then? I’m pretty sure American Honda was buying Nicky’s bikes from Ten Kate. I may be wrong though. Honest questions.

Edit. Nevermind. Colin was factory hrc but out of the uk, not Japan. Interesting. I thought Ten Kate built that Castrol RC51
    https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/world-superbike-looking-back-at-hondas-rc51/

9. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

GG what a badass hope that kid keeps it up and I think he will

10. Quick6RR

Quick6RR Well-Known Member

Anyone else think it was funny how in race one you had 2 riders crash but the red flag doesn’t go out until Rea crashes..

11. Quicktoy

Huh?

12. Quick6RR

Quick6RR Well-Known Member

Multitasking lol, I meant during superpole*

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. Quicktoy

Holy fuck. Superpole race. Garrett P2!!!!!!!!!!! Toprak checked out but so did Garrett.

back over to watch the Moto2 race in 15 mins lol.

14. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

what Gerloff does on a 2019 R1 is impressive! I hope he wins the last one

jd41, Peter Hively and Quicktoy like this.
  15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Toprak is on fire this weekend so not likely GG beats him on an older bike. Plus Rea and Redding will be starting from the 2nd row for the race instead of near the back so they’ll be up front from the get go.

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. Quicktoy

Final race will be fun to watch for sure. See if Garrett can beat them head to head again with them having better grid spots.
    Toprak is locked in this weekend. I think he will win the final. I think Garrett can get a third podium too.

17. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Well they just pulled out of F1, where they reportedly spent over a billion in 5 years, so there should be enough to support their WSBK effort for more than a year.

18. Hoffman900

They did, but that side of the company has little to do with their motorcycle side, including financials.

GG is the man. Just needs one more good race to carry that momentum into the off season.

19. Hoffman900

Well I jinxed Garrett, but he’s got nothing to hang his head about.

Looking forward to see what he can do next year (and hopefully a more normal year)

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

You and me both - I really wanted to see him at the top of the box this season. He looks like he has figured out how to go ten tenths from the first lap - trusting in tire grip from the drop of the flag is a skill set that I could never hope to achieve.
    Good on Chaz for going out with the win.