1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cameron Beaubier to Moto2 Rumor or Truth?

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Oct 14, 2020.

1. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

What "lack of respect for MA" have I missed? Name a rider that has come from outside of the GP paddock and immediately was thrown into a top level Moto2 team; we'll wait.

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Funny from 11:30 on he is also bitching about the corner workers...but again, it's only us stupids.....

3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Sam Lowes? Is/was Speed Up Racing considered a "top level" team?

4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Niki Tuuli?

5. The Great One

At the time, Speed Up wasn't really a top level team. American Racing Team's results this year are far better than Speed Up's were when they signed Lowes.

6. The Great One

Tuuli was signed as a mid-season replacement rider, so the circumstances were pretty different compared to an open market rider signing.

7. The Great One

And just to take it one step further, the commentators in todays WorldSBK race were throwing a ton of praise at MotoAmerica this morning as Garrett Gerloff was battling with Chaz Davies and Jonathan Rea, on last years R1. Sure, the grids may be small and there may be limited seats, but people on the world stage know the guys at the front of the pack here are competitive riders.

8. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I think people in the know, know.

We and naysayers alike are looking at it as a bunch of plebs. Most are stuck in the “glory days” which are almost 20 years ago at this point.

Saw this being passed around: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10105735723930063&id=205057&__tn__=*s*sH-R

and who knows, Matthew might only be pushing 8/10.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  9. The dude who took the video is not slow, by any stretch of the imagination. Which makes Matt’s speed even more impressive.

10. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

for those of us without stalkerbook, what’s the video of?

11. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I know that. It was a more of “these guys are aliens” and their level of fast is beyond what most people (including expert / fast club racers), except people on that level, can really understand.

Getting back to MA, the front guys all have the ability to go to Europe and do well, and people in that world know that.

The Great One likes this.
  12. I figured it did. It was directed towards anyone else who might click on the link and may not know who that guy is taking the video.

zook131 likes this.
  13. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Again with this shit.

Who is 'Loca-titties' and why is it hyphenated?

Either way, we all know Cookiehead Jenkins is in and will be bringing his crew chief, Mothra, with him.

14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Locatelli. Kinda a big name in that paddock right now ;)

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If I didn't know better, I'd say many members of the Beeb are fixated on female breasteses.

16. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Oh. That guy.

Thank you for the clarification, Quick-titties.

17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

De nada

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Scholtz leaving a expert 1000 winner in the dust through the chicane and turn 3 and 4 at road Atlanta a couple weeks ago

turbulence likes this.
  19. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

dude, pro racers are so nuts.. my first real eye opener was when WSBK came to Miller Motorsports Park back in 2012... a local guy by the name of shane turpin entered the race as a wildcard.. i know at one point he had a lap record on a config out there.. super fast dude. like, i’m not fast.. at all, but i’ve ridden with this dude on the track and i lose sight of him in a few corners.

any way, he enters the world superbike race and ends up a lap down.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Miller_Superbike_World_Championship_round

sometimes when i’m riding on the track, i feel like i’m pushing all the limits, on the edge of crashing and then some kid passes me on a ninja 400... then some other guy passes them on a 600, then turpin goes by them like they’re standing still.. then some guy named carlos checa laps Turpin, then some guy named marquez makes them all look like amateurs.

i just can’t even sometimes when i think about how fast these guys really are.

/endlamestory

malamute, scottn, MachineR1 and 4 others like this.
  20. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

It's even worse with MX... Local fast guys thrash the field at club level MX races, then Supercross backmarker shows up and laps them like a fence post, then random Saturday a top 5 supercross rider shows up and everyone realizes he isn't breaking a sweat yet but you can't see him after the first corner.

malamute, Shocker and turbulence like this.