1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Orange bouncy ball fans here?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

This looks exciting.

304DD795-9CD2-47A6-9023-CE953B3CD7A2.jpeg
    DAE55156-CCCB-4D45-8819-F325FB151AF7.jpeg

2. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Man, that's interesting. What's going on there? The jump shooters are so accurate that they don't even try a 12-15 footer anymore. They pass up the shot and kick it out beyond the arc?

3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

They play the statistics for the most points... 3 pointers and layups.

Very few with a strong midrange game anymore. Exceptions are guys like Kawhi Leonard who developed on an old school team with guys like Popavich, Duncan, Ginobili and Parker.

Yzasserina likes this.
  4. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

I understand what you're saying, but when I used to watch the NBA a three-pointer was always a bit of a Hail Mary. There were only a couple of guys ( Reggie Miller, Larry Bird) you could count on to make it a worthwhile shot.

Razr likes this.
  5. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Guys are shooting ~40% from behind the arc. If you shooting 40% from three and 50% from the elbow or midrange, let me know what you would do?
    You speed up the game and if you don’t get a look down low ina real high percentage shot, you work for the open three and have shooters on your team.

this was was Morey bringing statistics into the game and it has changed, especially since so many big guys are such good three pints shooters now. Also, how you defend it is interesting. The year he had Shane Battier shut down Kobe was incredible. Shane forced Kobe into shot after shot from the elbow, they weren’t falling and Houston was able to shoot well from three and won that game.

Jim Moore likes this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Steph Curry is responsible for the latest change to the game, his 3 point shooting is truly amazing.

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

So, I resisted clicking on this thread for the better part of a week, then came straight to the last page. Did Dave take out anyone who couldn't resist the bait?
    Screenshot_2020-10-18-13-30-39.png