1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name That Ohlins

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Taki, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Taki

Taki Well-Known Member

I am looking at buying a 2009 cbr 600rr but the seller is not sure what type of cartridge is in the forks. Can anyone tell from the photo?

https://ibb.co/jGHVjy3

Attached Files:

2. warclok

warclok Well-Known Member

My guess is those are 25mil carts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. warclok

I’m almost positive that’s a 25mm kit. Another way you can tell is 30mm kit is rebound in one leg, compression in the other. 25mm kit has compression and rebound in each leg.

I can’t tell by the photos...I’m sure you can when you gave a closer look at the forks.

jkraft likes this.
  4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

This.

warclok likes this.
  5. warclok

Thank you, always fun finding parts and documenting them.

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

The part number will be machine engraved on the preload adjust directly across from the word "preload" . Type that number in and it will tell you exactly what it is.

warclok likes this.
  7. Taki

Taki Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. So the fork caps have the engraving fgk1351. Google comes up with nothing though. Very strange. Also I don't see any rebound or compression adjustments. Only preload.

Attached Files:

8. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

Your rebound is that Allen screw in middle. Your compression will be at bottom of fork leg close to axle area.

9. Taki

Taki Well-Known Member

Yes thanks. I was expecting a Reb or comp on top of the caps. These must be really old not to have that and since they don't come up on Google.

10. pittmeister

pittmeister Well-Known Member

Search for fgk135, they drop the last digit for the model number for whatever reason.

MachineR1 likes this.
  11. Taki

Taki Well-Known Member

Magic! Thank you

warclok likes this.
  12. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I typed it in
    Online fgk135. A pdf.file came up. From 2009. 25mm kit

13. warclok

Taki, almost positive this is the 25mm kit. Regardless if it’s 25mm or30mm it’s an upgrade. No price difference in purchasing the bike.