1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cameron Beaubier to Moto2 Rumor or Truth?

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Oct 14, 2020.

1. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Rockstar stepped up and put the money in Houston bike park and Bmx track . So now it’s name is Rockstar bike park. Where the 2020 uci Bmx world finals we’re to be held this past May. Now cancelled not to be rescheduled. I think they went over budget building like 15 plus million $$

SGVRider likes this.
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They went over budget by 15million?

3. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Sorry no the total cost was 15 million. But that is not what it started out as.

noles19 likes this.
  4. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

Is Tennor American Racing team a top outfit? The mechanics probably cost Roberts a win at the last round, and his seemingly inconsistent pace this season suggests they can't read the data and setup the bike well when conditions change. If not, why would Roberts be leaving? I expected Cam to leverage a better ride, but his inability to do so speaks to the lack of respect for MA in the world racing community.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The team was created to funnel american riders into moto2 and eventually motogp. They are a young team that is well run for the budget they have and they run Kalex chassis.

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  6. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

IF anyone watched Moto2 FP1 this morning they specifically discuss Cameron moving to Moto2 at 27 years old and make reference that Sam Lowes is 30 and he's at his PEAK form. The fact that Cam is on a 2yr deal gives him a chance to only improve and be fighting for a championship and race wins with some experience. They also mentioned after an impressive 5 titles what else do you do in America?

7. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Even if he doesn't go to MotoGP but can do well in Moto2. Worked great for Toni.

8. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Thank god they finally got the Kalex chassis lol. The NTS and KTM chassis made Roberts ride the struggle bus

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Last year's, though.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, it's a gateway to the world stage. Does he stay in moto2 past year one (yeah, two year deal is being thrown around), go to WSBK, move up to MotoGP, go sideways into WSS? He'll be on the stage soon to make that happen. Could have stayed in the US and hoped someone would see him here but they will definitely see him there.

There is no downside to his going unless he shits the bed (doubtful) or gets banged up. Even if none of it works out, he can always come home. :)

The Great One likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He's also never going back to MotoGP.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's down, not sideways.

SGVRider likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap but a year old Kalex is better then most of the options. Kalex will also "support" the older chassis (if you pay of course). :)

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The 600 class? Yeah, I could see that but it worked out for Sniffingglue after he crapped out of WSBK. lol!

and think about this, there has been an American champion in every other class on the world stage that is worth a shit except for the Supersport World championship. :D He could be the first.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You find two types of guys in the class: guys on their way up, who will only spend one or two years before moving on to something more prestigious. And guys on their way down from other classes where they are no longer wanted that are too young to retire already, or who could never make it to those other classes in the first place. Nobody cares about the class.

16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Yeah, they can't kill his dad again.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Thinking about this for awhile now, someone needs to break the gentleman's agreement over beer sponsorship in international motorcycle racing.

Singha is sponsoring motogp as a whole but someone with some actual stroke needs to break the blockade and start the arms race. :D

Team Heineken Ecstar Suzuki. Asahi LCR Honda.

Budweiser almost did it a few years back in the US but it never happened for whatever reason.

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yamazaki Yamaha YZR-M1 has a nice ring to it....

Or Suntory Highball Honda

19. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I think that Dorna wants him to succeed, maybe they will put some money on the table for the team, maybe they put some money on the table for him. And if they wanted the fastest rider in the US with a chance I think they picked the right guy.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, I'd guarantee they put their money up to get him over there. I'd be willing to bet real money on it, $20!

and that's 20 US dollars! :D

CR750 likes this.