1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So how long till all the covid toys come up for sale?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Oct 12, 2020.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

As soon as mortgage companies figure out how to structure "generational" mortgages ala Japan... then you'll really see some crazy valuations...lol Whats the avg rate on a 100 year... 9%? :D
    All under the guise of "affordable" home ownership. :D Then they move to the States and see how inexpensive expensive real estate is...

Pixelator likes this.
  2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

next door- San Marcos.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am thinking that the fire sale on toys really depends on this election. If the push is for getting unemployment back to where it was, opening up and getting back to work I would guess the sales will start about 2 months after that. Tax season may be interesting too because you know most of the people who were getting the extra free money spent every dime trying to look like a baller...

Pixelator likes this.
  4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Just sold my boat in July for more than I bought it for. 28' walk around with a Tuna tower dual outboard. Inventory is so low, ON EVERYTHING not just boats that guys can ask ludicrous prices AND GET IT. My boat was $16K, then I sank another $10K into it. Thought I would never get it back. I ended selling it for $31K. Also sold it during the peak of offshore fishing here in So-Cal. Timing is everything.

If you want to buy a boat. Shop November to February. Otherwise you will pay a premium. regardless of Covid.

But seriously. Once the boat sold I was going to buy a new 2020 R6 for Wera next season. Inventory is so low, the stealerships were asking like $15K FOR A F-ING R6! Stupid. I even called Yamaha and they dont know if there is going to be 2021 bikes. If they are they are going to be late due to the lack of sub-assemblies to build them. I ended up buying a 2017 R6 with 7800 miles for $9100.

Even the car dealerships have low inventory. I think the spending spree hasnt even hit yet. Q4 of this year going into Q1 spending is going to be off the charts. People need new vehicles and other crap and cant get it right now. Dont expect any deals until Q3-Q4 of next year. Unless the US is turned inside out from the election.

Fencer and rk97 like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yep...drywall has gone up a bunch as well.

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

The housing market is hyperinflated because it’s illegal to foreclose right now. There are far fewer homes on the market than should be.

combine that with people scared to live in close quarters to others, and houses are in higher demand with lower supply. Simple economics.

7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

hahaha....so what happens to all the suburban “town center” mid rise projects?

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

around here they cant be built fast enough... Crazy how much demand is out there. On SFH there are soups closing 60 units in a year. The subs are like pinballs. Goes from slab to final in 13 weeks.

9. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

What you doing to the house? I live in Dallas and could help

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Bathroom remodeling. Exterior siding. Paint inside and out. Flooring.

Or possibly Jewish Lightning. :D

We've already pretty much committed to Bry-jo for the work,but if it doesn't work out I will let you know! :beer:

SGVRider and TurboBlew like this.
  11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

If this isn't peak insanity I'm not sure what else it could be.

upload_2020-10-16_19-6-2.png

12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Dafuq?o_O

13. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Likely be a while before any real deals are out there. Folks trying to unload their fairly new toys will want what they paid for them, or at least what they owe the bank. Ideally, in about a year the supply will equal, maybe surpass, demand. Should be some deals on things.

14. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Not soon enough for me! I got cash these finance losers will unload cheap.

Unfortunately for me they all bought junk ass side by sides and wheelers most of which were Chinese, I need a 6 speed 2018 or newer Yamaha FJR1300 like right now!

15. SuddenBraking

Yeah, I think that's where my head's at as well. Going to be deals next fall/winter.

16. SuddenBraking

I'd be all over that but need the bike to be plated for where I'm at. Does the title say "off road use only" on it?

17. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

orv, not to be registered for highway use. clean green, clear title. easy to get them plated. the xcf's have all the wiring, just need the ktm headlamp, masks, and tail lamp. add a brake pressure switch, mirror and horn, and it is street legal, with inspection via law enforcement (in Michigan anyway). Ski add is on FB marketplace 5700 obo. under ktm xcf. Ski

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Orange handguards? Nucking futz indeed!

JJJerry and SuddenBraking like this.
  19. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Was watching an auction that was all old motorcycles. Need a few more bikes for the shop class program. Auction lots were stuff like CT90s, XS650, CB750s, couple Bultacos, ect. Sale price of $1000-$1500 for CB350/450s with missing parts, no titles, and not running. And that's before sales and hammer tax. WTF?!? Who are these idiots, and how can I get them to buy my stuff? Is my stuff just not hipster enough?

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Older CBs are popular around here to make cafe racers, rat bikes and modded out but fun bikes. A lot of the parts are tossed so if it's missing the right parts, no one cares.

Older GSs are starting to catch on because the Honders are getting bought up but the ones that aren't (or are hitting the market again as a flip) are getting expensive.