1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you still get "rich" racing bikes in America?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Oct 15, 2020.

1. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

He wanted back in GP. He wants to show them they should have not let him go so quickly.

Gino230 likes this.
  2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

What? To live off the nut you can't ever take anything but interest out of the earnings. Furthermore, you must add to the nut to compensate for inflation. What's left over is yours to spend....Do the math with real numbers.
    When I was your age I used to think the same thing. 1 million would generate 50 grand a year (yes that was a long time ago) when I was earning half that as an engineer. 5% safe interest is very hard to find anymore. Add in that inflation has made 50 grand a year chump change by comparison and there you have it.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It's the new ways they teach Math, Jack.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

5% with no risk? Can I give you my savings to manage?

5. 418

418 Expert #59

Guy Martin is loaded. His dad owns the truck shop, I think he does it because the wants to not because he needs to.

John McGuiness ain't bad off either. He has a motorcycle collection that rivals most museums.

6. I was thinking the same thing. Shit that’s awesome. I could stop wasting my time playing on Robinhood.

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Those top roads racers get paid a pretty decent amount. Even when they are riding in the Classic TT they're not doing it for free.

418 likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

From his interviews, Martin basically was. lol!

9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

He certainly didn't buy that Aston and custom made Koenigsegg/vintage Volvo on a mechanic's salary. He's got nice sponsorship deals (incl. Dainese) and a few tv shows that must be bringing the coin.

BigBird and 418 like this.
  10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The thought of you playing on Robinhood is very amusing to me:crackup:

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. Im not quite sure how to take that. So I’ll just throw one of these out just in case it’s warranted... :moon:

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Oh it's warranted..
    I just picture you watching TV and seeing a commercial with a animal on it and saying, imma buy 1000 shares of that stock now. :crackup:

HPPT and Gorilla George like this.
  13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Gorilla Glue or Tape LOL!

noles19 and Gorilla George like this.
  14. I can neither confirm nor deny such events taking place. :D

BigBird likes this.
  15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

So how's the ROI on puppies?
    What animal provides the best return?

16. Hippos. :D

BigBird likes this.
  17. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

The average return on a savings bond over the past 50 years is 5.50% - yes you have to lock in your money and ignore it for a little while but the return is guaranteed by the federal govt and is risk free. Current rates are lower than that for obvious (Covid) reasons. The longer you lock in the better the rate, and vice versa.

Would you like the name/number of my investment manager? She's much better than myself if you're looking to give someone your savings. :)

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Those things will f@ck you up 7 ways to sunday. Stomp you into the dirt, piss on what's left and wander off for some Hippo hookers and Hippo blow and not think about you again until they come back to stomp you into the dirt again and then shit on what's left. :D

You get bored sometime, google and youtube Colombian cocaine hippos. F@ckin' awesome story!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The ones getting paid are making enough I could retire on it after 4-5 years easy :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Guy could be a multi millionaire and he'd still be working on trucks.