1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inversion tables

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’m constantly asking her to pull on my head. Fast. Slow. Light. Vigorously. Anything. She’s not usually very interested. :(

2. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Where, better not be in Martinsburg WV. Just made an offer on one there.

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup:

4. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

Nope, in Atlanta burbs.

5. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

I generally use my inversion table every day. This week I am away traveling and really notice my back pain has returned.

I wish you luck in finding relief, it's not fun being in pain...

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

C4-7, L4-5

7. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Well didn't I set that one... :oops:

:crackup::crackup:good one;)

Funkm05 likes this.
  8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Oof. Double whammy.

It won’t help the C4-7, but the best device I’ve ever used for rehabbing a lumbar injury is the reverse hyper. I blew out my L3-4 and the thing saved my life.

I also have a DDS Max for neck and upper back pain that seems to provide some relief.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I recently got diagnosed with herniated discs of the S4-S5 and S5-L1 that are pinching the nerves on my left side. it's pretty painful to even walk, especially from sitting, and has been getting worse over the last few months.

May try this inversion table thing.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

so have a inversion table coming tomorrow....any tips on where to start? I heard don't go to angled to start, is that true? I'm usually a go big or go home person.

11. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

I only do about 45 degrees on mine, and I set up my phone and listen to a couple of songs on Spotify while I'm on it. Any longer or steeper and my hips start to hurt, but it has helped with some of the back pain. It feels great but doesn't last all day. Anything is a relief at this point.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

Being upside down is not normal and if you go too far too fast, you will get light headed. Of course the first time I got on mine, I went full tilt and within a minute I could tell my head was an issue. They say to start at level, but we do that all the time when we lay on the couch or bed. I would start out at 30 degrees or so and work up from there. I haven't used mine in a year or so, because my back has been fine (herniated L4-L5 ). If you begin to use it often and regularly, you body will become accustomed to the inversion.

BigBird likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Good to know. I do have underlying hip issues, so I'll keep any eye out for that.

Will try that out.

BTW I didn't stay at a Holiday in, but my back issues are L4-L5, L5-S1, had them mixed up. The pain to even step on my left leg can become horrible, and I tried to step off a ladder and wow. So here we are...hopefully it'll help.

14. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

You needn’t go beyond 45 degrees. That’s enough to allow the spine to decompress and lengthen.
    Start with less, say 30 degrees, and work up to 45 degrees.
    Also important is to set up the leg rail so when you lock your feet in and lay back the table should naturally fall to a neutral horizontal position which would be parallel to the floor surface.
    You should not need to use your arms to maintain this neutral horizontal position at all.
    I started with 60 second count inverted, the to a neutral position for 30 seconds, the back inverted for another 60 second count.
    Started with 20 of the 60 second inverted/30 second rest and worked the count up from there.
    Good luck, hope it works well for you

TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  15. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

This is a racing community... FUCK IT, SEND IT MAN !!! :D

When I started, I went to max allowed with the band that stops it from allowing you to spin that shit and do 360s !! :P

But never hurts to go carefull and start half of the table's motion.
    What ever you do, come back slow and once you're up right... stay there a bit and allow your back to compress back.
    It might hurt a bit, or a lot, when you do step off it. Just be aware...

Enjoy it, I know I do enjoy mine still :)

BigBird likes this.
  16. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, if you are using a fence to do this already, you should probably go ahead and buy a dedicated device.

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I just ordered one. I've been trying to pick one up 2nd hand, and missed a couple deals for around $100-150. Just checked amazon and an Innova one that will hold my fat ass is only $138. It's
    on it's way.

lol, you replied while I was typing the above. Time to get off the fence....:D

18. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Ive gone full tilt boogie from day one, but started with only 2 or 3 min, even then could feel my eyes bulge. Gonna adjust and try 45 degrees now. Now when I dont use it my sleep sucks and I toss and turn.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You may have bought the one I have. Got it 4 years ago, came up as a recommended/best seller on Amazon, $90. I started out doing 45 degrees and still do it at the same, usually about 15 minutes is all my ankles will take. Does help my lower back though.

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I got the ITX9600. If it doesn't work I can always sell it and not lose much if anything, or if I like it, can upgrade to a better one if needed. It's my mid/upper back that's the problem. If I spend all day out on the floor at work, I can barely move and feel about 2" shorter. Knee's are starting to feel it too. And sciatica is becoming a problem too. Of course I could stand to lose about 50 lbs and that would likely solve some of those problems.......

Next thing to buy is a fan bike and a rowing machine to burn off some of this ballast this winter. I was actually going to start going to a gym again this year, but didn't want to be one of those "resolution guys" at new years....then the lock downs started.....and home gym equip got really expensive. Now it's becoming cheap again, but with more lock downs being talked about up here I'm sure that the prices will rise and supply will disappear again.