1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cost of racing, Hare Scrambles

Discussion in 'General' started by 1bronco, Oct 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Well, We pulled the trigger and signed Kris and I Up for the Gobbler Getter....
    Ended up on row 137. Should be fun.

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

That 350 is also a stall machine.

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

SEE YA THERE ! should be a blast. Done this event 2wice. loved it both times. I'm on row 64. You will come back to the parking area mid way, which is nice. can grab more drinks, fix any minor issues, etc.
    At sign up, you will get a sheet showing the start times of each section. Add 137 minutes to that time (so start of section 1 is 9:00am lets say, you leave almost 2hrs 17 min after that, so 11:17am , do this for each section, and you can look at your watch to see when you need to prepare to line up for your row to start. At some sections, the start where the display showing what row they are on, is hard to see from all the riders waiting around. Doing this ahead of time, like at the hotel or camper the night before, is really helpful ..

turner38 likes this.
  4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

@MELK-MAN, have you ever done the OMA Moose Run in Morrison Illinois when you lived up here?

5. Knotcher

I only use one in my Beta 300. I actually don't like them and will probably replace it with just the Rekluse torqdrive manual.

6. MELK-MAN

wrong.
    1) turn up idle.
    2) rekluse exp.
    If not wanting to spend $$ on rekluse, adhere to #1

7. MELK-MAN

nope, moved to FL when i was 20 and had just done some mx at that point, no offroad. Now offroad/woods racing is all i do on a dirt bike.

8. Knotcher

Go train with Destry Abbott out in PHX. DA8training.com He's a fuckin' legend, and a great teacher. You'll have a blast.

Stumpy likes this.
  9. Knotcher

Maybe they fixed it, but the idle mod didn't seem to fix the 17s or maybe 18s.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. grasshopper

I did it about 10 years ago. It was miserable. Probably doing it again Nov 1st. It's not called "The Moose Run" anymore. It's called "The Race". Hopefully I don't die. It's ran through OMA https://www.omanationals.com/

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. MELK-MAN

there's no "idle mod".. you simply need to turn the fukin thing up. ;)
    the manual calls for 2,200-2,300 RPM idle. Most, especially those coming off 2-strokes, rarely have the idle high enough on 4-strokes, and flame out/stall a lot.

skidooboy likes this.
  12. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

fo sho, idle up, ktm/husky.com injector rail/manifold, and fuel line tank fitting, no flame outs on my 17 250xcf. wish i could squeeze a bit more powa out of it, without resorting to exotic fuels. Ski

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Main sponsor is RockRiverArms?
    They should do like a dirtbike biathlon! 30 targets (five at a time), 30 rounds, 1 magazine, hit or miss. Each hit good for - :10 seconds on time. Perfect 30 hits good for - 5:00 minutes, plus an additional 100 seconds off for 100% hits, - 6:40 minutes.
    Who doesn't like bikes and bullets? :D

jksoft, motoracer1100 and TurboBlew like this.
  14. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Bet you it wouldn't flame out nearly as much if they had a cheater motor in it with an extra 36cc's.... :D

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. grasshopper

Don't flame out on us bro

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  16. JW88

JW88 Well-Known Member

Anyone have a newer yz250x? If so how is it?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

17. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

i hope to have an answer for you on monday, actually whatever happened to used2bfast? i think he played on them.

18. grasshopper

I now have 2 friends that have them and they both both love it. Both have a rekluse and both did something with the map to tame it down. The stock map is supposedly way too snappy

19. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the four stroke FX? The YZ250X is a two stroke with a carb.

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. grasshopper

My bad. They have the 4 stroke