1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cameron Beaubier to Moto2 Rumor or Truth?

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Oct 14, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was acknowledged back in my post to The Great One.

That said, of everything he's done in his career, this is probably the thing I'm going to respect most because that is one crazy-ass thing to do at this point. :bow:

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wait, maybe JU is f@ckin' with us? From the article: "but the news has been confirmed to Roadracingworld.com by sources with direct knowledge of the deal."

Maybe, hear me out here, JU and Swarts is citing Wikipedia as the source with the BBS as the second source and it's a giant swerve? Papa would be in on it and it's to wind everyone up before they fart on the meringue!

Now THAT would be funny and epic. :crackup:

noles19 likes this.
  3. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Boobies going to Moto2 is a surprise. I'm interested in seeing what the learning curve will be going from a production based SBK 1000 to a prototype 765.

4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Some interesting thoughts here. I know a few folks who’ve had similar epiphanies during this year. Wouldn’t be surprised if what you laid out is the case.

YamahaRick likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I don't think you understood what I said. Beaubier was the strongest rumor, according to the article. You only needed one other option (e.g. SDK) to make it multiple Americans.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Nah, that's two different things. You were laughing at the rumors earlier and in the other thread. So that's why it's funny.

As far as multiple Americans I was just genuinely curious who else he thought was an option in addition to sdk, because I was struggling to think of realistic choices.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That would be funny:crackup:

8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

So, is Attack a sure thing for 2021 or is MA losing more than riders?

9. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Stanboli confirmed he is signed with Yamaha through 2021 yesterday.

Chino52405, Suzuka_joe and Senna like this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Even better..mongo gave JU all our IP's and only people who have been to the beeb can see that article...ha ha ha suckers!!!

11. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

The son, Robertino, the 2006 Venezuelan Superbike Champion and Latin American Superbike Champion!

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah man, that'd limit the funny as f@ck factor (FaFF). No, if JU posts it, all the other news-sites are sure to post it as fact and it'll be worldwide in hours! Then, when RRW drops the punchline, it'll be a world wide nut kick. Why just troll a few idiots on some backwater BBS when you can troll the entire racing world. Millions instead of a few hundred. :crackup:

Not to mention they'll blow up the phones, DMs and emails of Attack, Boobietitties, Yamaha US and a maybe a dozen others. :crackup:

and I bet a certain trackday org that has a ghey ass facegores chat group will be crowing that they broke the news and when RRW drops the bomb, the pie to that track day org's face will be epic. Epic to the point that maybe they sue? Opps. Still be funny though. :D

ChemGuy likes this.
  13. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

whoa. so much hate.

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm still waiting for @grasshopper to say "I told you so"

FourThreeSix likes this.
  15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. :D

G Dawg likes this.
  16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

hey man...I didn’t know anything. Just from talk here and on facebook. I’m just a fan of the sport and a washed up lightweight racer. It’s pretty awesome with all the different riders shuffling around though. Keeps it entertaining and interesting. Go Cam go! Hopefully he can adapt to the Moto 2 bike. I’m sure it’s going to be a challenge for him changing his riding style and wrapping his head around the bike.

Gino230 and G Dawg like this.
  17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You're a better man than me :)

18. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

of course he is he rides a SV650

JJJerry, HPPT and 2blueYam like this.
  19. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Not to mention all the "new to him" tracks.

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I stopped holding that against people a long time ago :)

969 likes this.