1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia RS660 Reviews

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I wouldn't know about those. Cant give them away. They sit on showrooms like 6 year old brand new GSXR's

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Post it here or PM me...

Phl218 likes this.
  3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It can be 11.999 or 13.999, it doesn't really matter. It's the first real lightweight twin that comes throttle by wire with big bike electronics. As long as it doesn't grenade and get recalled, they'll sell every bike they make..

Jb.junior, ducnut and Robby-Bobby like this.
  4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see what his dyno number is with the kit exhaust and a little tuning, if that can be figured out. The quoted 100HP is probably at the crank I would imagine?

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Even I am looking for one and have never been much into new/bling.

6. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I was really considering going and putting a deposit down on one but I cant justify spending 13K on a lightweight twins bike. I am gong to give it a year or two and see how things shake out. The bike is going to have to be really good out of the box to justify the 13K price point. Shit I paid 14K for my new 2017 GSXR 1000 R.

Now if they came out with a race prepped cup type bike that would be a different story.

G2G likes this.
  7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I assume at the crank especially with the 10,500 rpm rev limit. The torque is around 48 ft-lb, but with a kit / aftermarket exhaust, race tuning vs emissions tuning and maybe a little rpm bump, it will probably be in the 90-95hp at the wheel range without taking it apart to port and polish, bore throttle bodies (already bored), and so on. In fact, I would hope MA rules limit engine mods on this model in an attempt to reign in costs. With a fully stressed engine and AL frame, the race weight should be good too. The main thing I think it will need is a 3-way rear shock to help get it hooked up at race pace. With no rear link, having high and low speed compression adjustment will be important. Man, all this talk makes me want to call my local Aprilia dealer... :D

8. Robby-Bobby

Im not doing a damn thing to mine in the engine department.
    Exhaust, filter, tune and race shit. Thats the joy as this should make great power in stock form so you dont need a time bomb jap motor that lasts 2-3 races.

ducnut likes this.
  9. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

You'll still end up with a time bomb eye-talin engine because everyone else will also build them to superbike spec and you'll need it to keep up. Same way we ended up with 711cc SVs that make 110whp

10. Robby-Bobby

Guess we will see.

11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Euro5, so should be plenty of gains in the full exhaust.

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

13. nlzmo400r

14. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

On that web page, it looks like:
    Ohlins shock: $1,114
    Akrapovic exhaust: $1,485
    rearsets: $922
    GP Shift software: $120

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Those rearsets better cure cancer for $922.

16. nlzmo400r

They'll be fancier than typical aftermarket stuff. The Ducati Corse rearsets for Panigales are usually $1k+ and are beautiful to behold even if thtey're not functionally different than most aftermarket stuff.

17. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Is Triumph still locking down the ECUs on these new bikes?

18. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Why is triumph locking down Aprilia ECU's?

19. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

To be more competitive with Aprilia.

Banditracer and bpro like this.
  20. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

You don't want the Ape to blow up do you?