1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Fiber orientation question? R6 specific, also others

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Suzuka_joe, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I'm curious why the outermost plate is offset when you assemble the stack? I know it's supposed to be offset from the other plates but i'm not 100% sure the reason why. Anyone care to teach me today?

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

quick inspection of pack wear thru fill hole

Newyork likes this.
  3. Suzuka_joe

thats it?

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yes... The steels have a concave profile or a smooth side... I stack those the same.
    Some fibers have a paint mark and are mostly the same thickness. I always tend to use the thickest steels to get the stack height max and if I have to use thinner ones I do it near the cover. I always put a full sized fiber in the front of the pack near the basket

5. Suzuka_joe

thanks, i stack the steels sharp side OUT and my stack was 42.9mm. I was just curious why the outside fiber is offset but if its to do a quick inspection that makes sense. I would pull the pressure plate and remove the plates/fibers and check stack on a table.

6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Can you describe how this works? I cant picture it.

7. Suzuka_joe

there are holes in the pressure plate to measure the distance to the inner basket, this might be where yoyodyne/sigma/TSS had the idea to add some sight holes to their clutch design.