1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Orange bouncy ball fans here?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Oct 13, 2020.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'd agree as long as the boys have the same level of coaching that the WNBA team has. An inferior coach will be a huge detriment against a WNBA caliber coach.

BigBird likes this.
  2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You mean like 'UnEmpLoYeDed'?,,,,,,

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I caught a few minutes of a WNBA game recently. They appeared to play the game in a more "pure" fashion, versus the men. WNBA now, versus a few years ago, also seems to have improved quite a bit.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Once they got rid of handchecking that was the end of defense.

How many World Series/Super Bowls/NBA Championships have Beane/DePodesta/Morey won with all their statistics?

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Big fat nope that I contribute to those assholes income

brex, RRP and Gorilla George like this.
  6. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Whether they’ve won a championship or not, you can’t argue that what they’ve done with player recruiting and how they staff their teams hasn’t changed the game.

I never argued what they are doing is miraculous and creating dynasties. I’m arguing the three ball and fast play didn’t become the go to because they’re calling touch fouls.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

[emoji23] they are not even Dani Pedrosa finishing second. Most of their teams barely make the playoffs.

Success = championships

Everything else is getting beat. If you're not first you're last

~sent from mobile

R1M370 likes this.
  8. zamboiv

Yo dipshit, you are once again trying to create arguments for no reason. Re-read the whole ducking post. I never once said anything about winning championships. I simply stated the game has changed for a reason other than they’re calling touch fouls.

use some fucking data, facts or logic to prove differently or take your championship bullshit somewhere else. Btw - I’m pretty sure Dani would call his career a success. Prove me otherwise...

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

~sent from mobile

R1M370 and Sabre699 like this.
  10. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

The Spurs were great. Even a non-basketball guy like me could tell they were communicating and running plays on a completely different level than their opponents.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

The clip of LeBron picking up his dribble, looking around, dribbling again was hilarious. It was like the refs were hypnotized.

12. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I am. At this point, if I saw that at an MA event, other pro motorcycle event, this series or other amateur racing series, I’d probably go out of my way to see what other sponsorship is on that machine and try and make sure my money doesnt go to them.

13. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I thought I heard LH was starting to go down that route again like he did a few years ago.

Maybe Im not comparing apples to apples here but defeating adversity in racing like Senna did (it was more his personality probably than anything but I think you could argue a smidge of being a Brazilian driver) spoke more volumes than plastering grievances all over yourself or machine.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

So much for changing the game [emoji16][​IMG]

~sent from mobile

15. zamboiv

Oh he did, you’d just rather spew nonsense than actually look at what he accomplished over the last 13 years, including costing the league $400mm in estimated revenue over his Hong Kong tweet.

Hell maybe Mongo should get him onboard to kill road racing once and for all.

I find it interesting that suddenly China started showing the games agin in the NBA finals when the viewership numbers started getting reported. There were 1/2 the people that tuned in for game 6 of the finals than the night football game between Seattle and minnesota.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

He cost them all their future draft picks, are way over the salary cap and have a aging team. Recipe for success I say

~sent from mobile

17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I tend to think of Morey as really good at math, but not so good at chemistry. Same opinion I had of Bob Whitsitt many years ago. Even without the China incident, his time with Houston was coming to an end. I'm sure there was political pressure as well since the league needs that China money back in a big way.

I find it interesting that everyone is talking about the ratings though. The ratings for all the major sports are in toilet right now. Political stances or not, none of them are doing so hot right now.

BigBird and OGs750 like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I laugh every time one of them post about that. But I'm nicer than you and I figured I would let them enjoy the fantasy while it lasts. :D

There was a point where there was basketball, baseball, hockey and football being played at the same time because of this Covid situation. All that plus other sports that were also in catch-up mode. Not to mention that a lot of people have other concerns at the moment. What fools thought that the ratings wouldn't have dropped significantly, even in a normal political climate? The pie is being cut into thinner slices.

OGs750 likes this.
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think the best era for the NBA was the 80s and 90s....those Celtics/Lakers championship games were brutal. Throw in the Nicks, Pistons, and guys were getting beat up.

Bloodhound, BigBird and casjoker like this.
  20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

My bad

[​IMG]