1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your video

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

some great videos and great channels so far with like 10 subscribers. share , guys.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Wasn't posting them for the subscribers. Just a place to share video without needing a giant internet connection at home.

SpeedyE, Brad and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  3. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

SpeedyE and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  4. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

I used it to share unlisted mostly. Back when you tube capped vids at 10 minutes. Funny that's apparently the "monetized" target requirement now. Pointless, boring videos are inevitable just over 10. I only had one ever gain any traction. Actually the only good "racing" footage I ever got. 2009 on the trick but very tired, apparently, 848.

5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

So basically the beeb is a whole bunch of washed up has-beens?

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Shit...and all those guys with 3 or more go-pros from JGP convinced they look like something other than trained bears haven't posted up?

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...hard to believe it's been 13 years since I posted the first one. Shit I'm old. Of course to be a has been you would have to have been something before that so maybe I'm not qualified.

Brad likes this.
  8. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Here's a couple of laps of Nashville Superspeedway on my RC51 ending with what was arguably the worst crash I had during my racing career. It was just practice but I was determined to get in front of Brad Johnson on his TL.

Best laid plans and all...

9. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Ouch! As odd as it was I still miss Nashville. Curious what the new ownership is gonna do with the track and if they’ll ever have bikes there again.

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

My Road America crash from Round 1 this year. This was in Q1. We were battling setup issues and I just went for it. Turns out we had the rear way high and the front way low. Not a good combination for braking deep into the corner!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

This was Q1 at VIR in 2019. This was my second time at the track, I think I eventually had a PB that weekend of 1:40. Love that place, sucks we missed it this year.

12. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I probably shouldnt post this....I will take a deserved beating for it.
    I'll post w/ explanation and apology. The explanation, is probably why i am posting it....

I hadnt owned/ridden a bike in 10 yrs. in 2000, I saw a local stunt video and couldnt believe what the bikes had become, power-wise. Saw a DMX Ruff Ryder music video w wheelying bikes etc. :eek: I said, Im getting a bike!!!!
    I bought a 01/600gsxr in feb/march 2001, w/ the intent of racing it, wheelying it, stunting it, backroading it, squidding it, tearing it up. Rode it home from the dealership, terrified...I had forgotten how to ride, was unsure/unconfident on two wheels.
    1 month later was in an amatuer CCS race weekend.

Me and a buddy w/ an 01/929 got cctv cameras and he wired them into cam-corders, we put in our backpacks. We spent the summer videoing and made a short vid in Aug 2001, of us learning, and thinking we were cool/fast/ect. No computer software, we jumped footage from one camera to another, adding music. It took like 2 weeks to pull it off the video/music.
    I think the footage was from April 01 to August 01, as we learned how to ride, wheelie, etc

If I had a time machine, I would have done it all different. I was a Squid, I shouldnt have ridden on the street like that, I shouldnt have been wheelying the street like that either. I know/aware of all of it now!
    If I could do it all over again, I would have bought a bike and FOCUSED on roadracing and becoming a proficient club-racer, not a dueschbag street Squid/stunter. "LOook at me Look at me".....
    Many regrets in moto-Life, many appoligies for past mistakes/indiscretions/etc/wrong-turns. I was a insecure false-arrogant prick, who wanted to do what i wanted to do, w/out thinking about 'what if's' etc. I had no focus or goals. Just a Dummy on a bike who wanted to thjink he was cool.
    I will say, I met a LOT of good friends that summer, many who became proficient club/roadracers, some w/ championships/ROC's eventually, even. I met a lot of good folks. Me and many of my new friends all found the racetrack at the same time, and many of those guys commited themselves, stuck w/ it, focused and did very well. I looked like Peanuts' PigPen rolling in on my abused shitbox, w/ zero direction. :(

My honest appoligies. I was the Jerk/Squid of the bunch. There was a lot of good guys I rode w/ some even on this forum. LOtta lifetime friendships made. I just wish I had my shit together back then and had focused on clubracing, not chasing windmills on the streets, trying to show off cause I had nothing else to offer, low self-esteem. Sorry all.
    :oops::oops::oops:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    MachineR1, Phl218, CR750 and 2 others like this.
  13. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Single lap around Autoclub speedway. Trackday with oil on part of track.

Ra.Ge. Raptor and SpeedyE like this.
  14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ohhh, say it ain't so, Speedy. Say it ain't so!

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

What in the world happened? Bad down shift?

16. racerhead

racerhead Trackaholic

2 clips from my last 2 seasons.

Rona cancelled pretty much everything this year but we did manage to get a race at Cookstown road races

Then a selection of clips from the full 2019 season

17. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

What carbs you running. Didn’t sound like Slides. Stock? And you need some tuning, hard starts, and it won’t idle?

18. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I never did figure that one out. I was travelling at pretty much the same speed and lean angle as the lap before (which is one reason I included the previous lap as in the video as a reference pointer). Guess I just ran out of talent.

In fact not long after that happened I posted that vid to the WERA board asking for input as to what others thought I might have done wrong. My favorite response was from our own @HPPT.

"You got RC Fifty OWNED.":crackup:

E Reed likes this.
  19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That bike has been gone for 8 years.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

gotta do whatcha gotta do.

without the squidding motivation to buy the bike, you would not have ended up road racing at all...