1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 8 - MotoAmerica at the Brickyard

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 25, 2020.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I'm sorry you do not have a proper appreciation for pie crust.

:D

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

annnnnnd, I'm sorry you're an ass.

cav115 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummmmm - way more of you get up and move around even when broken....

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Not saying we don't. But if a doc walked over and said "hey man have a sit while I check you out," I can confirm I'd rather plop my ass back in the grass than try to crumple myself up in a camaro. Maybe Scholtz wanted to sit in the Camaro. I don't know. But considering the numerous fuck ups by the shot callers over the weekend, naturally I (and it seems many others) assume that this was just another one of those fuck ups.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Guessing you didn't read what Melka posted because it states exactly what happened and you're wrong.

As for "numerous fuckups" just shows that you don't know what you're talking about with regard to much of anything else either.

noles19 likes this.
  6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Nope, don't think I read Melka's post. Long thread. Just skimmed to catch up.

Jr. Cup rider laid next to the track for a whole lap before red flag. Entire grid either crashes or damn takes a trip to the moon in the same spot right after rider went down there lap before. Rider then lays motionless next to hot track for a bit. Still takes almost a full lap to throw the red. Wyman's bike laying in the track. No one even attempts to move it and takes almost a full lap for red flag. Toni's bike goes down and starts dumping oil that then tries to run down the grade of the track to the racing line. Toni is jumping up and down pointing and telling them to forget the bike and stop the oil flow. No one listens (and eventually another dude runs over with quick dry). Yes, lots of fuck ups.

drop likes this.
  7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I can agree with calling it a fuck up.

Going back to my first post, I think the biggest problem is the optics. It just doesn't look good. Like I mentioned before, on ground info may have led to that decision, but my actions would have been different than deciding to have him sit in the car, based on the impact from being hit by another rider's motorcycle. On the ground would have been my decision. That's just based on my personal training and experiences, and seeing how underlying injuries can be made worse.

On the optics piece it's like having to stay at work late, finishing quicker than you thought and grabbing a bite to eat on the way home. Just so happens the hottie from work is there and stops to say hello. Wife runs out for food and sees you at the restaurant with the hottie from the office when you said you were working late. Facts on the ground say one thing, but the optics dont look good.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

that wasn't toni, that was the canadian #66

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And as expected, nope, you're wrong. Most of those either didn't happen or aren't fuckups.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF?

Rider crashes.
    Doc arrives on scene damn near immediately.
    Rider is already up on his feet.
    Doc has rider sit the fuck down because his leg is hurt.

Where in the hell are the bad optics? You guys are making up shit that did not happen. There is nothing wrong with how it looked. There is everything wrong with a bunch of idiots posting how they know how to handle it better.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good fucking lord, even after the rider/team post exactly what happened people are still insisting that isn't what happened. What in the hell is wrong with you people?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The first workers there had no oil dry, as I would imagine not every corner worker get allocated a personal bucket of the stuff. What were they supposed to do, since the guy with the oil dry was already on his way, lap it up with their tongues? You first.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We need to make everyone work corners before posting...

TurboBlew, R Acree and YamahaRick like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Now you know how we feel about you some days. :D

noles19 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

17. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Come on, he only had a severed tendon and broken ankle..... doc x rayed him on the way to the camaro, knew it was ok...:crackup:

drop and Razr like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Okay, I laughed. :crackup:

19. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Jesus man, are you always wound so tight? Or only when an opinion is different than yours? I like to have a healthy debate with someone who has different views than me on just about anything, but that changes when expressing your opinions devolves into childish name calling. Then the conversation is no longer enjoyable and communication disappears.

If unclear on how optics can look different than the facts on the ground, re-read my last post as a random example. If still unclear...IDK what to tell you.

I don't want to seem like I'm just :Poke: in order to :dead: so I think I'm done posting on this one. My thoughts are pretty well layed out in my posts.

drop likes this.
  20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

oh my god! ! ... back from dirt bikin, and see that this Scholtz thing is still going. :crackup:

cav115 likes this.