1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 12 now available

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Oct 13, 2020.

1. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Who’s getting one? I heard the new camera will be so, well you know, new. Only $1,099 for the 12 Max :confused:

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Pass

But will they have an iPhone 13 next year????

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm getting a mini. So tired of not being able to put my XS in my front pocket.

cortezmachine likes this.
  4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yes, the Mini, I always liked the hold design with the flat edges better than the current.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My Iphone whatever pre 8 works fine and I hate Apple soooooo nope.

My kid has a 10 or 11 or who gives a shit and it's a hassle to use.

So, no.

crashman likes this.
  6. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

No.

Enjoying my Iphone SE (newest SE release earlier this year). Size of the 8, but same processer as the 11. Got it cheap, so a great value!

7. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I have an X but trying to decide between the 12 and 12 pro. I’d want the 128 so the price difference isn’t that far to the pro so I’ll probably just do that.

8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Ill probably drop mad coin on a rotary phone instead.

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Have an X.....still fine with it.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  10. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

It doesn't even come with a charger in the box.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

6S plus here.
    don't need anything else.

also haven't paid for a phone in over 10 years. the company does. i take free over latest and greatest.

Photo likes this.
  12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Same. Except it’s a 5

Phl218 likes this.
  13. I just bought new iPhone 11's (and some iWatch 6's) for me and the wife last week. Figures.

14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Got an 11 because I fell off the sailboat with the 6 s .... :D

Jedb, Phl218 and Ducti89 like this.
  15. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Nope. My 6S is still working just fine for me. No way I’m dropping $1100 for a freaking phone.

Photo likes this.
  16. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

iSheeple

YamahaRick, Shocker and BigBird like this.
  17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yup. Not really seeing anything that warrants an upgrade. The X is still plenty fast, tons of memory, and takes some amazing pics.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I just made the last payment on a Xs Max.....think I'll stick to it for a couple more years.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

I used to always get a new phone almost every year, the next and greatest. As I get older, and phones get less new Wow updates, I tend to buy older gen phones now. At least in the Android world, they seem to work well even if 3-4 generations ago. My G7 is still amazing and the right size.

My kids both have iPhone SEs and the screen is pretty terrible for a $500+ phone. My wife has the 11 and it serves her purpose, no reason to get the Max or whatever. She said her Galaxy S9 screen was better.

4 digit price tags on phones are ridiculous.

RRP and Ducti89 like this.
  20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm not technologically advanced enough to understand it, but supposedly the processor in the 12 is off the charts fast and something of a breakthrough in performance. No, I'm not going to get rid of my X just yet, but I will take a deeper look. And I laugh at people that say $1,000 for a phone! These aren't phones anymore, they're god damn super computers. I'm close to having no use for any other PC at all. We all know that these things harness 100X the power of the computers that sent a man to the moon. Embrace the technology you luddites:D

nd4spd likes this.