1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Which podcast you picked this up from? I mean I didn't hear anything derogatory IIRC.

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I wonder where Jake would be in the points if he didn't fall down and DNF several times and Cameron still did. He might be way closer or winning the championship. And how could Stanboli be pissed when he has the 1st and 2nd place riders in points under his tent?

418 likes this.
  3. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

No way Stamboli is unhappy with Jake's performance, Dude locked up 2nd place and has had some shining moments especially this weekend. Jake has so much experience he is the logical choice to keep. Stamboli isn't jake's crew chief so he doesn't have the 411 on everything Jake like he does Cam and thats evident in the Podcast. But hell i'll just ask shofner since he's the direct connection to the team i have haha.

kirk erlinger and VFR#52 like this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Y’all comparing joe Roberts go Cam. Lol

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Apples and orangutans.

6. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

If it's true about Cam, I'm equally as surprised as I am excited to see him over there. Seems like the bike Robert's was on was solid and gives him a good chance to be successful. Also surprised he made the move to the GP series instead of WSBK, for no other reason than WSBK seemed more likely.

Also surprised that Roberts is gone. Would have thought that the American Racing team would've wanted to run with Cam and Joe. Unless it was a contract issue with Joe's current teammate, or Joe wanted to move, or other private concerns that led to the move.

If it's true I cant wait to watch Moto2 next year.

Also, can i just say that Boobtitties is my favorite nickname ever.

7. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

"Mid A Pack rider chiming in here"....

Stanboli is smooth, collected and butter on his setup's. You can tell that he is cares about his craft and Cam's style fit the Attack development. He has a No BS approach to it, I believe he hinted that he served in the Army. (the good ol Days Army) where it was "get with the program or get the fuck back" style.

Gagne is a surfer, CA, a motocross man. Though he's laidback in person, on the bike he Lives on the edge and muscles his shit around. I mean, look at Race three.. He pushed and pushed and fucking toasted the front tire, sending him for a low-slide that took away a podium. I'm sure that aggravated an already pissed off team from Cam's disastrous weekend. Gagne is good but he isn't a closer. Matty S is a closer. Cam is a closer. Fonger is a Closer. That is what Stanboli wants.

jksoft likes this.
  8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I don't think it was anything outright derogatory and some of it was reading between the lines in the way he talked about his riders. He did mention multiple times about helping to educate Jake on giving better feedback and also trying to correct some of his riding habits to better take advantage of some of the features of the bike.

It may also just be a function of the fact there isn't anything negative to say about Cam when he is blowing away the field every weekend. This weeks podcast should have some interesting insight.

drop likes this.
  9. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Rocco needs to find a way to go across the pond and get better deeper grids of skilled riders. It will slow his growth staying here. He is owning the competition here. You dont learn as much when its that easy. Kid could be the next Nicky or even better. So impressed. He is our best bet for the next US world champ. The sooner the better.

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I think hes just kinda like it lol he talks very directly and sternly

11. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Selfishly Id like to see him here. He won the kids cup and now twins. Granted no one has laid as big of a smack down as him but Dumas has done the same. I love how he makes his competition step their game up, I want to see him against Paasch, SDK Richie and Stefano. Now if Paasch leaves to BSB and SDK leaves to Europe, Richie to 1000's ill reconsider

12. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

really need to see what Rocco's got in RBR. Austria was a bit of disaster for him, let's see how he measures up in next rounds

13. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

14. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I like watching the Moto2. Usually better racing then MotoGP. Even more reason to watch it now. I think Cam will be a top 10 guy. Familiar tracks may even get podium. Hope the team stays together and gives him a good bike.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

WOW, this is all awesome news. Can't wait to see how JR measures up against Dallaporta.

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Highly doubt Zanetti is around next year. The way I understand it is he is a Ducati employee and is basically on loan to HSBK to help develop the bike this year. But I've not seen any mention of him riding that bike next year. My guess is it's PJ.

I still don't fully believe that story about Cam. Only reported by a single German site so far? And it's counter to everything Cam has said. Yes, he's willing to go overseas, but only for an ideal ride. Moto2 is an intermediate class (and one Americans have historically not consistently fared well in) and supposedly the American team is experiencing financial difficulties. He just seems quite happy to stay here, making bank, raking ships, and being able to go home after each weekend unless someone throws him an offer he can't refuse. This just doesn't feel like it. Someone mentioned earlier Baz to GP? That would vacate the Ten Kate seat if true which I'd say is more likely for him. I'd say it's more likely someone from the American Racing Team said they were interested in Cam upon Joe's announcement and that got misconstrued.

Boman Forklift and Senna like this.
  17. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

If Cam desired a ride in MotoGP, should he target Moto2 or WSBK? And any MA SBK team would be silly to not consider Cam Peterson. Give him a proper SBK motor and he’s up with Scholtz I think.

ducnut likes this.
  18. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Y'all are forgetting Herrin, too.....

19. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I thought Herrin was re-opening with Scheibe? They getting the new bike next year?

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Would love to see Chaz on a Factory Duc in MA. He's ridden for Barry Gilsenan before and he's available.