1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If it's true, and he's on the same team as Roberts is then he has a good shot at being successful

2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are a number of riders with potential. Just have to see how things shake out as they all make each step up the ladder as well as how potential sponsorship works out. Theres more to it all than being fast on a bike.

Tas and henry_carlson like this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I read over the weekend that Joe was going to another team and that his current team was running out of money and may not even finish this season? That article states the team is having financial problems, seems odd that Cam would go to a team that is already having money problems.

5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Unless Cam is bringing money to inject. Based off of his interviews it seems counter intuitive but who knows. I just don't get Moto 2, if it was the big show I could see it but Moto2! weirddddddddddd

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought the talk about Cam going over to moto2 was just bullshit talk. Speedweek is reporting it as happening with Joe going to Italtrans.

Weird if Cam goes to moto2 instead of WSBK but there are not a lot of good rides left there.

7. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I think that the Cam to WSBK idea fell apart as soon as Loca-titties got the Pata Ride. Unless Stanboli runs an Attack variant in WSBK, I see Boobie-yer staying in MA with Zanetti/HSBK giving him a run.

I hope they run Indy next year. It was by far the most entertaining weekend so far.

Senna, grasshopper and henry_carlson like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Got to wonder IF Cam goes over to moto2 if some Monster money goes with him for 'merican racing? They could use some cash even if they have punched way above their budget this year.

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Please cite said article.

10. henry_carlson

11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

ja du kannst nicht? :D

13. henry_carlson

Google translate!

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Yup. Herrin got to be sitting there shaking his head right now.

I'm not worried about Cams ability. I'm worried about the team he ends up at. Seems there is plenty of half baked teams on the Moto2 grid that are a round or two from going broke.

Senna likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Damn, Cyclenews "print" edition for this week is confirming that Roberts is going to Italtrans.

Didn't know that Roberto Pietri was the manager there. Pretty cool.

16. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

One of the main reasons I’ve been watching the Jr. Cup races more than the others. Hoping these kids can take it to the next level. Really hoping Rocco can get there.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's why you go when you're young enough that you can afford a bad year or two on a shit team and still recover at an age when someone still wants to take a chance on you.

stk0308 likes this.
  18. henry_carlson

Bas is going to Moto Gp on a Duc so the seat is open.

19. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I'm surprised nobody is asking the important questions here; if Beaubier is confirmed for Moto2 next year, who gets his Superbike? I'd assume that news would all but guarantee Jake's retention. Scholtz definitely has the pace, but I think him and the Westby boys have a great thing going so I don't think he should leave unless the check is just that much bigger. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for these meetings between Attack and Yamaha USA!

20. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I know its been mentioned already but Stanboli has seemed less than thrilled with Gagne in his podcast, but I also don't think the decision is his since the rider's are being paid by Yamaha. I think he deserves one more year to get things sorted out.