1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So how long till all the covid toys come up for sale?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Yup. Lady down the street works for Mastercraft and told me that they can't build them fast enough to keep up with demand, even with their lowest priced boats being $90K.

BigBird likes this.
  2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Holy shit! I know more than Dave about TWO things now! I'ma buy a lottery ticket or something. This education nonsense is finally paying off :D

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Way to set the bar high. o_O

pscook likes this.
  4. Slick-101

Slick-101 Well-Known Member

Hey Ski two things: I just bought the 2021 350. :) Mine is the DS version, with lights and mirrors. It's divine. Second, I still have the old SM 450 racer that's collecting dust (you and I rode in Circleville together on the SM bikes 10,000 years ago). I should sell the KTM 450 do you know anyone who still plays in the SM world????

5. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I was trying to get a new trek mountain bike and was told at multiple different places the soonest I could expect one model was next June and the other model next september. It's crazy right now.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out where all the broke people went. I work in real estate and we are slammed, well beyond capacity and having record years. You can't buy any big ticket fun items anywhere. This is the dumbest recession I've ever seen:crackup: I feel like we are a year away from deals showing up though. Manufacturing still hasn't caught up yet so as long as demand outstrips supply, none of the toys are going to be cheap for a while.

But next year, yeah, going to be fun!

MELK-MAN, TurboBlew and badmoon692008 like this.
  7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Went to my local trek shop for some small stuff and the guys was saying they went a couple months without having any bottle cages! They were still out of many small items like lights and such.

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I can tell you one thing, the bicycle business is not slowing.
    Once tourist season ends, I usually have time to finish other projects.
    Not even close. Seasonal help is gone and I'm not going to train someone for a couple of months.
    Currently I'm 2 days backed up and no end in sight.
    Fuckin Covid :)

TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Shimano parts are showing December.
    Rubber is slowly showing up.
    I'm backordering parts & bikes on a daily basis.

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My local bikeshop are cleaned out of bikes. They usually held their big 50% annual event this time of year, but it's not happening this year... They made a buttload of money this season.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Can't say much more than I'm not looking forward to doing 2020 taxes.
    Every Mother's Day one of my suppliers runs an Adult Trike Sale.
    I normally sell 10 the entire year and I also rent them.
    Started to sell out pretty quick, so I bought out every East Coast warehouse.
    That's close to 40 of them on top of the 10 I had in stock.
    Sold out within 2 months. And had to take them off my rental site :)

MELK-MAN, TurboBlew, pscook and 2 others like this.
  12. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to guns being affordable again. Oh, and ammo/reloading supplies!!!

Pixelator and Razr like this.
  13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

:crackup:

Yeah, right. I'm looking forward to all the AR's I bought for $500 being worth 3 times that much:D

14. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Try treated lumber!!!!

BigBird likes this.
  15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

All I know is some people are in for a shock when they actually have to pay back some of that PPP money

16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

It’s mostly going to be budget get stuff...

Those of us who did well throughout layoffs and lock downs could always afford our toys - we just didn’t always spend our money.

For my part, i stopped paying for parking and gas almost entirely. My student loan payments also stopped (the one on track to be wiped out, anyway - i kept paying on the other), and we had a lot fewer places open to spend money this summer.

I still went cheap and bought a clapped out SV and a Chinese pit bike.

Razr, BigBird and jksoft like this.
  17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Good for you, man ! Where is your shop ?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sold everything a few months back and made bank on all of it. Bought a used mini 14 ranch with a couple of small mags for a good price. Stopped by the local shop a few days back to try and get a box or two of ammo on the way to plick. Mentioned what the ammo was for and ended up selling it it on the spot for twice what I paid for it.

Needless to say I didn't buy any ammo. Shit, can't remember if the dude even said he had any before he spazzed out and bought my rifle. :crackup:

rd400racer and BigBird like this.
  19. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I think it will be a two edged sword. Some people (like myself) have picked up new hobbies during this down time and I've also had more time to enjoy the new hobbies since we were moved to 100% remote work, probably permanently. Those that picked up new hobbies and the toys to go with them responsibly will probably be sticking with them. We have seen the campgrounds packed with new RV's; I hope for the sake of the people that bought them that they won't be getting rid of them anytime soon as they will take a bath.

I can't imagine a $1200 check being the deciding factor between buying a new toy (unless it's something like a bicycle) and not buying it but I suppose that did happen. People that used actual PPP money (from the PPP loans) for frivolous purchases instead of what it was intended for should be charged with fraud and forced to repay it in my opinion.

We purchased a dirt bike and a bicycle since this started. The bicycle happened back in May and the bike shop was already down to only a handful of bikes left at that time and he wasn't expecting any more in this year.

StaccatoFan and BigBird like this.
  20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Seems demand is up on toys as people arent eating out and traveling. Supply is down on some stuff as some factories were closed for weeks/months.

Simple econ...demand up supply down = tight market and rising prices.

It wont last forever.