1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So how long till all the covid toys come up for sale?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Oct 12, 2020.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So clearly everyone went and bought every bike atv sxs boat jetski and rv available on the planet with their covid cash. How long till all that crap hits the chopping block... I want deals damnit

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't think they will at least fast. Instead of going to the Caribbean or to Florida or europe with 5, you buy a boat or a Miata or a squisher jeep. The Cooties are coming back and harder, I think people will hold onto their new, shiny shit for awhile.

What 'cha looking for, Buzzard boy? lol!

BigBird and Fencer like this.
  3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping I can get some deals next summer

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Looking at 50 ft cabin cruisers. Craigslist had millions of them in Feb

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's WAY out of my wheel house. I know less about boats then I do about Standard Deviation. lol!

Shit, all I know about boats is I like 'em and I'd never own one.

6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Not until everyone goes back to work full time.
    Working from home gives people more time to play with their toys.

BigBird, R Acree and SundaySocial like this.
  7. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Not into cabin cruisers, but I have never seen so many sailboats sold as it has been recently. It’s a sellers market.

Photo likes this.
  8. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I’m holding out for the cold weather and everybody to start dumping all the mountain bikes they bought. The only thing left is Walmart bikes or unobtanium built to the moon bikes that cost more than my first 4 cars did.

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

All you need to know is:
    If it flys, floats, or f@cks, you are better off renting.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

The day before the Tax deadline...... It’s a sellers Market. Now for boats for sure...

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

If your buying a boat that size beware on Craig’s list...

12. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

i am looking to upgrade from a ktm xcf250, to an xcf350. some dealers have 19's but, for less than 500 more, i can have a 2020, for less than 1000 more, i can have a 2021. and they wont deal on them (the 19's, or 20's) at all. even with the 2021's out and available. Ski

13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Wait till after the election and the next round of handouts. If people don't get back to work and there are no more handouts people will be selling shit like crazy. Might take 6 months or a year but the market is bound to be flooded with used toys sooner or later.

DmanSlam and Senna like this.
  14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm banking on next spring around tax time. It's usually always a good time for good deals, but something tells me a whole bunch of people that held their hands out for free money will be selling those toys for lube with lidocane around that time.

15. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Giant E-mountain bikes are on back order till after the first of the year !

17. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

the fun part is going to be on the repo side of things. If I had to guess most financed their new toys in the dumbest way possible. they will be asking more for their used stuff than you can buy it new.

418 and pscook like this.
  18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

You mean it's a stupid idea to finance a SxS with zero down for 96 months at 6%? I was just trying to keep the monthly shackles a bit loose.

tl1098, Phl218 and renegade17 like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

so crazy though...they had soooo many in stock at dealers sitting on the lot for a year +, and now they can't keep enough inventory.

20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I think WFH is here to stay (or at least in a hybrid way). I don't ever see myself going back into the office five days a week for 10 hours a day. Probably 4 hours a day for 2 or 3 days for in person meetings eventually (but even that isn't happening for the better part of a year from now).

cha0s#242 and BigBird like this.