1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Now time to add another watch to the collection.

Thats how it works.:D

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I got 5 on regular rotation here. My Jacques Lemans' band is slowly getting bad, so I might look for a band before I do any serious shopping. N+1 and all that, but the ones I really like are all $2K or more, and that more money than I'm willing to invest. I like Bell & Ross and a few other things, but they are just not worth the money for me. That would be something I'd love to get as a gift as I'd never buy one for myself. But then again, nobody loves me that much haha

3. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Those are nice, they also released a 41mm sub, which is whatever. I do like the trend towards no dates though, because resetting dates constantly gets old (for those who rotate watches) and I don't like useless complications in general.

4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Crown and Caliber is having a sale.
    Use 175-off and get $175 off your purchase.

Check their site for details.

I'm not affiliated with them.

5. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Any opinions on the Seiko spb149? I'm not in love with it but it interests me. SEIKO_SPB149_14.jpg

cha0s#242 likes this.
  6. cha0s#242

^^ I like it a lot. Buy it.

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Get it in your hands and you’ll fall in love. It’s damn near perfect. Probably the best deal going right now on a mid range dive rated watch.

8. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Love it but the blue dial is pretty hard to come by and when you do it will have some markup attached. Beautiful series from the boys in Japan for sure.

The updated Monster has caught my eye as well. Its vastly better than old versions.

Actually considering getting the new Monster or a Hamilton Khaki Pilot 42... cant decide what one just yet.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  9. Jedb

I backed a kickstarter a while ago and came away with what I think is a nice watch.
    Last week, I got an email saying they were selling the prototypes that they made in the process. Some different colour dials (white, yellow) and different bezels (blue ceramic) and chapter rings. I opted for the white dial, white chapter ring, and blue bezel. A nice contrast to my original purchase of black dial, black chapter ring and black bezel.

Original kickstarter:
    [​IMG]

And Prototype
    [​IMG]

And the final package at my house, complete with a nice leather travel case. :)

Attached Files:

10. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

White dial is very Seamaster-esq. Good looking watch.

Jedb likes this.
  11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Just picked this up and am really happy. Its from Long Island watch. Starts its life as a Seiko with the SII HN36 (4R36) movement and they massage it a bit. :D

The band is one of the most comfortable metals I've got and the super luminova is ridiculous.

Attached Files:

Jedb, JBraun and j cal like this.
  12. cha0s#242

How much was your Kickstarter pledge ?

Jedb likes this.
  13. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

That one is on my wish list!

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Yeah its nice!! I got a surprise $300 check from an old client, and guess what? This is $299 w/ free shipping right now :D

15. Jedb

under $250.
    Kingsbury Watch company
    https://kingsburywatch.com/

I ended up with 5 nato straps, 2 silicone ones and the stainless oyster & mesh.

imo good value.

cha0s#242 and thrak410 like this.
  16. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I couldn't find an SPB149 anywhere. So I justified a 147 on the basis it's different to what I would normally wear, and I quite like the bright markings and overall tone of it, very positive. Only flaw I can see is the strap tapers down and is quite soft and flexible, the watch tends to roll a bit. PXL_20201013_114652486_copy_1513x1862.jpg

sdiver, j cal, Jedb and 2 others like this.
  17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Yeah its "just" a Seiko, my new SPB085, but the triple technique handmade Urushi dial makes it pretty cool, IMO. Image stolen from Toppers who I purchased from.

[​IMG]

18. Jedb

Just got this back from getting serviced at Paul's Watch & Repair. This is one of the four I sent to him.
    I dealt with the owner and it was a great experience all the way around.

Originally, it was missing the upper chrono button, and did not run.
    It's now keeping accurate time (on par with my cell phone) and the stopwatch works!
    New sapphire crystal, instead of an OEM replacement, so I can wear it.
    I added an Uncle Seiko tapered bracelet that was made for the Pogue models. Other than the clasp, it's identical to the original design.

more of mine here.
    https://www.instagram.com/jbinpdx/

Attached Files:

19. cha0s#242

Dude, that's a lot of watches ! Nice collection.

20. Jedb

Thanks! They've all been acquired over time.
    I still have about 10-15 to post up.
    I'll also be selling some of the ones that get no wrist time soon.