1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My daughter...

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Oct 11, 2020.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Is 8 years old tomorrow. Good Lord, it’s going by faster (and faster and faster).

23026796-1517-42B9-BED8-9860150ABD6F.jpeg

j cal, TLR67, motion and 4 others like this.
  2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Happy Birthday young lady

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Happy happy.....you ain't seen nothin yet.

_indy likes this.
  4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

A very happy birthday Little RRP! Enjoy this time!

And best wishes on this endeavor RRP. It ain't an easy thing to do (or at least for me). I had 3 girls and tried the best that I could, worked at it, tried to do the right thing by them, tried to be a good example. Complete f'n failure. I read some letters tonight that shook me to the marrow, I can't remember ever being this low. Anyhoo, teach her well, I am sure that you will, and the best to you sir.

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Happy Birthday to her. And Acree ain't kidding. It has not even started to pick up speed for you yet. In my mind I am still young but both my daughters are in grad school. I can not believe that my mind is deceiving me like that!:D

DmanSlam likes this.
  6. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Yeah Mark: it picks up speed chronologically -- you'll feel it before your daughter does. :)

...and mentally as well. You will know when you have been outwitted and outplayed. This happens slowly. Haha.

Enjoy the ride!

p.s., Happy belated birthday to your little lady!

_indy likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, in a few weeks, you'll be dropping her off at college, enjoy it.

_indy and R Acree like this.
  8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Happy birthday! :)

9. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Happy birthday. Mine is fixing to turn two and she’s a mess

10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Happy birthday!

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Thanks all!

First birthday without Grandpa, so a tough one.

Luckily - an 8 y/0 is resilient and also - it’s her birthday so big doings which keeps her occupied.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Happy birthday, enjoy it! :up:

and blink and she'll be mid teens and looking at Kolleges before you know it.

_indy and RRP like this.
  13. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

My youngest (daughter) is 17... son is a month away from 22. It's literally a blink of an eye. So, when people say enjoy it, cherish every moment. You'll realize, years too late, that all the "little things" were actually the big things.

DmanSlam and RRP like this.
  14. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

My 13-year-old was acting a little cranky last week so I asked her, "Did I do something to you, or are you offended by my very existence?"

Her reply? "Your very existence fills me with disgust."

Love that kid!

R Acree likes this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Sounds like the old BMW club.

Jim Moore likes this.
  16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

We periodically tell her that in 4-5 years we will no longer be “ the best parents a kid could ever ask for”.

She just looks at us in disbelief and says “no way!”.

We, however, continue to brace for impact.

_indy likes this.
  17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

She's a month older than my oldest - congrats; I hear the years go by quicker than you can believe (and the first 8 confirm that).

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What will begin to piss you off is not that she will lie to you, it's that she thinks you are stupid enough to believe the lie.

beechkingd and _indy like this.
  19. DmanSlam

^^^ This, right here.

R Acree likes this.
  20. DmanSlam

This thread has me quietly reminiscing about the younger years (my kids and my own early-parent years). Damn, there were some golden moments. Moments I'm relieved to know that I did it "right". Gonna ignore the other moments I wished I'd have reacted differently for now... Lol.

Mark, thanks for sending some of us back down memory lane. :beer:

R Acree likes this.