1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

As I sit here gnawing on a buncha bones from the ribs I just devoured. Napkin? No thanks, I wear this beard so I don’t lose any food and can savor the flavor long after your watercress salad and lemon water have returned to the shit from whence they came. :moon:

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

418 likes this.
  3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter
    This is a political weapon now and will be maintained or strengthened.
    “Never let a crisis go to waste”

tony 340, 418, R1M370 and 2 others like this.
  4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

This.

tony 340 and R1M370 like this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Paging @dsapsis

6. baconologist

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So if this information is accurate, the whole "there's X number of excess deaths this year" is a fallacy.

https://www.reddit.com/user/coRvid_..._real_covid_death_rates_by_actual_deaths_all/

summary...

[ALL CAUSES]:

2017 Total Deaths US: 2,813,503 (234,000/month)
    2018 Total Deaths US: 2,839,205 (237,000/month)
    2019 Total Deaths US: 2,855,000 (238,000/month)
    2020 Total Deaths US (Jan - Sept/26): 2,130,000 (236,000/month)

2020 Total Death [3-month assumption insert]: 2,130,000 + (236,000/month x 3) = 2,838,000

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Who other than the idiots believed otherwise? When they were't stacking up bodies around here like cord wood while we were flattening the curve should have been the first tip off that it was bullshit.

418 likes this.
  10. baconologist

Get use to the new normal.

Here’s my prediction.
    Uncle Joe by 10%
    Increased societal control due to health and safety actions.
    If you’re over 40 it doesn’t matter. It’s not our world anymore.

tl1098 and Phl218 like this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Let's just keep it like it's been for 20 more years. Bout then I'll either be dirt napping or senile and ready to check out. At that point I give zero shits about what I leave behind.

Bugslayer and crashman like this.
  12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think we will be fine until they start venturing out of their parents basements and face the harsh reality of adulting. Remember, the people who are "taking over" are the ones screaming at the sky in frustration and videoing themselves having emotional meltdowns with their phones and then posting them on line because they are too stupid to see that they are acting like 3 year olds that didn't get ice cream when everyone else did. Somebody needs to be productive to support those brainless sacks of shit...

tony 340 and tl1098 like this.
  13. pickled egg

Nah. Let ‘em starve. :D

14. grahamsn

grahamsn Well-Known Member

That analysis ignores the fact that the totals for the most recent 6 weeks (at least) are light, due to lags in reporting. Look at the raw data - 2019 and 2020 stacked up next to each other. The last column is the delta between weekly figures year over year. Do the numbers look comparable? When you add those deltas up (until the beginning of last month), you get just over 250K.
    Weekly_Counts_of_Deaths_by_State_and_Select_Causes__2019-2020 (1)-page-001.jpg

Phl218 and pscook like this.
  15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Not gonna happen...

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Banditracer likes this.
  17. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

Ontario just shut indoor dining etc back down for Toronto, Ottawa, and Peel region.

18. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

I think you left out this important part of your end the lockdown stance, “The only time we believe a lockdown is justified is to buy you time to reorganise, regroup, rebalance your resources, protect your health workers who are exhausted". We didnt do the necessary stuff of course.

Take New Zealand for example, they did a hard lock down, did all the necessary shit and now are back open. No one can get in unless you are an essential worker with a job, native New Zealander, or depend children or something like that. But, they wear masks, social distance, dont throw parties and all the other BS we do here in the states.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2025203

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...coronavirus-again-lifts-auckland-restrictions

19. pickled egg

How is New Zealand’s vaccine development coming along?

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

We're nowhere close to exhausting any healthcare resources.

NY was given a 1000 bed hospital ship docked waiting on the Hudson River, a makeshift I don't know how many bed hospital in the Jacob Javitz convention center, and pop up field hospitals in several parks.......they all remained very noticeably empty. NJ was never remotely close to overloading its healthcare capacity. These were the 2 most infected states during the majority of the "pandemic".

They DID however send infected patients to convalesce in nursing homes, because that made so much sense to do (as did PA and MI).

tony 340 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.