1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neighbors complaining - advice requested

Discussion in 'General' started by Walter Hong, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Thanks. Wait ... What?

motoracer1100 likes this.
  2. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

We have one of these jackasses as well in the next tract over. We finally figured out who it was and one of neighbors approached him about it. His son has legit issues post Afghanistan. He kindly asked that he stop except on the 4th of July because well, our area turns into the Gaza Strip.

The guy told him to basically fuck off and his son should toughen up. My neighbor lost it and fortunately his son was with him sitting in car so he didn’t do anything. A few days later signs went up all around the neighborhood with the guys house on it and they all read, “Here lives the dick that’s scaring your pets with his inconsiderate Illegal fireworks”.

We haven’t heard any in a while and all the signs got taken down in a day. Hopefully he got the message.

3. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Yep I had 1989 FZR1000, with a Yoshimura full race pipe, Dear God the big was So Fucking loud...unbearable for any extended ride without ear plugs.
    When I would come home in the evening I would get up speed about an eighth of a mile from the house pull the clutch in kill the ignition and coast all the way off the street down the alley way to the garage.... The loudest most obnoxious exhaust I've ever had on any bike..... ever.
    But I did kind of like it in a evil way....lol

DmanSlam, BigBird and Razr like this.
  4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I think it was a Hindle F/S... Shaun Hill, the pink helmet lapper from RA '11 race, had THE LOUDEST bike I have ever heard on any bike, let alone a '04-'05 era GSXR600... You hear HIS bike drown out everyone elses at BlackHawk Farms around those years. I big TL-R, Duc, Buell or RC with D&D "Dead Awakeners" was near inaudible with that thing on the track...

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

My 92 ZX7 had a fully Muzzy and I never got around to repacking it. I loved that exhaust but gawd it was awful even to me with a helmet and earplugs in.

6. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Good way to catch a felony here.

1st thing I wanna know is the "track bike" a track bike only or is it a street bike that you track at times? Then again I've heard some full on race bikes quieter than some street bikes.

Then again I've had a neighbor bitch about my bone stock FZR600 that was quiet as hell and another neighbor call the cops on me for "racing up and down the street" when my bike was in a motorcycle repair shop 40 miles away. It was our turn for those two asshats to try to start fights with. They did this crap to every neighbor. Stopped with me after I told the cop what those two idiots do and he went across the street to the one and lit his ass up. Never had a problem with either one after that.

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

My take: F them. If your are being as nice as possible, not revving the engine, not making noise, then you aren' doing anything wrong. Sucks they are such light sleepers.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

he said track bike, not street legal bike. pretty sure he's doing something wrong.

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, asking for advice here, particularly regarding a noise case.

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Buy all you neighbors Bose noise canceling headphones.

TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  11. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Probably pissed them off with the GSXR, now they're super sensitive.

At least they contacted you/your fam directly, and didn't put a passive-aggressive note on your door.

renegade17 likes this.
  12. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

What if someone works #rd, and gets woken up by the ass riding during the day?

What if.......

Fuck em, as long as you aren`t being an intentional ass.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Riding a racebike up and down the street after midnight falls squarely in the intentional ass category. LEaving, then going to bother another neighborhood is another story.

cav115, 969, TLR67 and 1 other person like this.
  14. bored&stroked

My trackbike has the factory exhaust still. It won't bother anyone.
    Every town/city has noise regs. If the issue gets pushed, the bike is within regs, and its not illegal to make that noise at midnight, just start it up and rev the piss out of it in your driveway without riding. Show people there are consequences to actions such as being jerks.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

And street legal with no license plates and insurance and no headlights I'm presuming?

~sent from mobile

16. bored&stroked

I didn't renew the tags on my streetbike for over 5yrs. Saved more on tags then I paid for the ticket when finally caught.
    And yeah, I take my trackbike around the block checking things out.

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

On Thursday evenings I usually take the old Ironhead out and it's not the quietest motorcycles to say the least. The turn onto my street is at the top of a hill so when I get through the turn I kill the motor and coast a few houses down to my driveway. All of the houses on my street are pretty spread out on half acre lots so we aren't on top of each other. If I have to push it a few feet up the driveway fine. But if you're blasting up and down the street you're being a dick. Fire up the bike and go. When you get back don't rev the shit out of it and just idle if you don't want to kill it and coast. This is just common sense and being respectful. There's been occasions when I need to fire up a bike in the garage to cycle oil or coolant pretty late. I usually keep the big garage door shut, the side walk through door open and a fan to keep circulation going in the window. But I don't sit there and rev the piss out of it. Again I try to be respectful. My neighbors all know there's 10 motorcycles in the garage. Keeping your neighbors on your good side is not a bad idea especially if you travel out of town. In our neighborhood we try to be cordial with everyone and we all keep an eye on each others houses / kids for safety.

Pixelator and BigBird like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yeah, i totally get checking things out on the bike after a repair or the off-season, but you probably don't do it at midnight, almost every night.

All I'm saying a real trackbike usually dosen't have all the street legal stuff, hence why it's a track bike. The neighbors could be a real PITA and call the cops and say someone is riding a illegal bike around the neighborhood and impound the thing.

19. grasshopper

This post just reads like you're either full of shit or this thread is a joke.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. grasshopper

A good friend of mine uses a blow drier in hotel bathrooms to heat the room and keep the moisture down. Verbatim he goes "I don't like it when the walls are wet". LMFAO!!!!! He races in MA STK1000 class and you probably know who he is.