1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo 19x18 brakes

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sanee, Oct 9, 2020.

1. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Lever started sticking when applied and have to manually push it back for the caliper to completely release.
    What should I do? Is it a caliper problem? Master cylinder problem?

Attached Files:

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That thing looks like its seen better days. Might be time for a replacement. M.C.'s have a lifespan to them.

3. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

oh didnt know that but makes sense also as i didnt see anything that could be rebuilt.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Full disassemble, clear off the rust, lube the pivot points, I would also buy new seals from kurveygirl and lubricate the piston and bore.

Should be right as rain after that unless the piston has scored the bore itself.

6. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

yeah i saw the rebuild kit and videos seem like i could work on that, guess ill try that out

thanks guys

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

That kit is a crash kit, not a rebuild kit. Nothing in that kit has anything to do with the seals, it's just most of the parts that break when you fall down.

8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

is there a rebuild kit?

9. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Unobtainium at the moment.

KrooklynSV and sanee like this.
  10. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

any other brands out there worth looking in to other than brembo? i mean this bike might never hit the track again, its an rc51 that is just a starbucks conversation starter

11. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

sanee likes this.