1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neighbors complaining - advice requested

Discussion in 'General' started by Walter Hong, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

How the fuck does riding your motorcycle help you sleep?

All that does for me is gets me amped up.

grasshopper, Pixelator and Phl218 like this.
  2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Maybe it's a Honder.

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

This

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You are dead to me. :D

5. Venom51

That's what makes a good neighborhood. A little common sense and respect for folks that perhaps dont like all the things you like. I function the same way. I like to wash cars and that involves a not so quiet pressure washer. I never start before 9:30am out of respect for the neighbors even though there is a half acre between me and any of them on either side. If I am running the compressor doing some milling I shut it down by 10pm. Even on the weekends. I'm not bound by HOA rules or on the weekends even a local noise ordinance but I figure my 70 year old neighbors appreciate it when they get to live the nice quiet existence they moved this far out to have.

I'm going electric on the next house for a pressure washer just to not make that nice peeaceful little lake noisy on a Saturday morning.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    Shocker, Pixelator, 88/532 and 2 others like this.
  6. Venom51

You've been dead to me for a long time. :D

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Wow. That is impressive. Street riding at night and a noise question is somehow political. Jesus fucking christ.

grasshopper and rd400racer like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Found the Karen... ^^^

969, brex, Razr and 1 other person like this.
  9. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Yeah, riding your trackbike up and down the street at midnight is a real dick move.

But if you just get on your bike and leave the neighborhood for a night ride, theres nothing wrong with that, even at midnight.

418 and TLR67 like this.
  10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

:crackup:

That was pretty good. Well played.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Neighbors? Smash every pumpkin you can muster in their driveway.
    That'll give them an area of concentration other than your motorcycles.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Guys saying it's cool to ride a race bike through your neighborhood late at night are probably the some of same guys complaining when the vintage geezers start their megaphone/2-stroke racket in the paddock at 6 AM. :D
    I have done that when I thought it might be helpful. Way past the driveway, in fact. I'm amazed no one mentioned that before you did.

turner38 and R Acree like this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

In the name of neighborliness, take the husband out for some drinks.
    Start at a bar then move to a strip joint. Get him really cocked and then get
    some compromising pictures of him getting a lap dance and motorboating
    some bodacious ta-tas.
    No more complaints from him.

14. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

My first thought.

My second

And.... third

:D

RRP and notbostrom like this.
  15. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i used to do that when i was in grad school and had moved back in with my mom to her neighborhood. my car had no exhaust and i had my R6. i used to kill the engine like 6 houses away and just coast into her driveway to i wasn't a total ass cause i'd stay out until like 2am all the time. or if i was leaving late i'd go out the other way which was a hill and just coast away before starting it. the car i would turn off in the driveway and push into the garage so it didn't shake the house apart. not hard to be a little courteous.

Pixelator likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

^^^^

This is why you don't want to mess with old dudes. They're devious.

17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Track bike up and down the block at midnight? Come on man. If the neighbors were real assholes they would’ve called in a noise complaint.

If you just start your street bike and leave the neighborhood, I don’t see a problem. Maybe push it out to the street or something before you start it. Assuming you have a nice rice burner with a stock pipe. If you’re starting your Milwaukee pushrod with open pipes, you’re still a dick.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

What were you doing before the last few months to get to sleep? I'd suggest you try that instead of midnight ride through the neighborhood on your motorcycle. Perhaps a pedal bike instead, you'll get some exercise in and its silent too. Win/win.

And think, even though only your neighbor is coming up to you to tell you about it, I'm sure you're likely disturbing many other people in the neighborhood but they don't know who you are or where you live to tell you please stop buzzing up the street in the middle of the night.

19. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I'm all for bike riding...
    But I too have a neighbor that seams to think its cool to run his stuff late at night.
    Example: this Tuesday he fired up his chain saw and cut wood at around 10:30pm. That lasted about 30 minutes. Then proceeded to set off like 5-6 mortar sized fire works over a 5-10 minute span.
    And then to cap off the night... he ran his open pipe Harley up and down the road 3-4 times around 1am!

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Simple, if you are riding up and down the street in ANY vehicle at midnight you are being a dick. If you go riding and ride out at a low pace (no rev-limiter or other BS) and they complain they are being a dick. I would flat tell them either way if you have a problem with me you need to text me, or you WILL have a problem with me. Text my wife again and it is war ass swipe. But then sheep are known to be a tad volatile when threatened.

jrsamples likes this.