1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ben. Again.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

That’s called “Volkswagening the test”.

2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Was the XR1200 any better? Haha.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I really liked the XR1200 even if getting on and off the damn thing is tough.

RRP and ducnut like this.
  4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Yes. I've ridden both. The FTR will blow the XRs paint off in a straight line. But at least the XR somewhat turns if you raise it up and wrestle the cunt around. The FTR drags the foot pegs and exhaust almost instantaneously when you go to turn it

ducnut likes this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Remember the XR had like 2500 in wheels and suspension to make it work. That was bare minimum so maybe with new wheels and suspension the Indian would win.

ducnut likes this.
  6. grasshopper

Have you seen or heard of anyone setting the FTR up for the race track with 17s?

7. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

You talking to yourself Nick?

Gino230, ducnut, vfrket and 2 others like this.
  8. grasshopper

Yes. And I'm not listening to myself either. Beer:30 now.

Gino230, RRP, ducnut and 3 others like this.
  9. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

30? Your liver sitting next to you on the couch and you've got a half full 5 gallon water cooler jug on the floor in front of you to piss in? :D

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

beer:30 is a time.

12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Deutschlanders need everything explained to them.

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

You have to understand that there is a lot of oddball bikes these days that don't fit into any specific class. When you try to race one, you are either going to get smoked, or be called a cheater.

Also, due to the nature of club racing and racers, there will always be bitching. CCS allows Air Cooled Twins up to 1200cc and bikes like your hyper can be built to run circles around SV's and FZ's that make up the majority of LW twins race bikes. CCS racers bitch endlessly about the "cheater Ducatis" and WERA racers apparently are bitching that there is no place for the air cooled Ducs to race (Except in SS trim)

Also, your comment about the amount of Panigales being raced- it's one thing to club race a bike, another thing completely to allow it into a Pro series. @Robby-Bobby is right, the cost will go out of control. Look what happened with the Twins Cup- first few years it was OK, now you have M4 rotating 7 engines through 1 SV and the price to keep up has gone way up.

Teams are going to do whatever it takes to win and that gets expensive.

The other alternative is to have 60 classes with 2 riders each. But hey, everyone gets a trophy, right? Millenials ought to love it! :crackup:

turbulence likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ich verstehe jetzt. Danke.

[​IMG]

Knotcher and Yzasserina like this.
  15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Maybe that's what happened at Versailles. Shoulda brought a yellow Ferrari.

Gino230 likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Versailles war ein Verbrechen gegen Deutschland. Wir müssen diese Travestie zerschlagen!

Yeller Ferarris are for no taste 'mericans and italians who wear pants that are way too tight and silk shirts! Black Porsche 911twin turbos!

RRP likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, but unless they are over 1000 cc, they all usually do fit into a class somewhere. People just don't want to run them where they fit because they would get their asses kicked. So they ask for special accommodations. :)

pscook and vfrket like this.
  18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Preach on Brother!

Deutschland Uber alles! :D

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Over 1000cc is no issue in most club racing. Plenty of classes they are eligible for, just not competitive. The real exception might be the turbos (H2/H2R), but I think you can even run those in some org's classes if they are OE.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I wasn't limiting my statement to club racing. It also included things like 636 in pro racing.