1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 8 - MotoAmerica at the Brickyard

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 25, 2020.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

When I checked out the MA site, it’s was showing Camper Lot at $150 per night. That was a few weeks ago.

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It was misstated. Once you checked out it showed as a 4 day pass.

RRP likes this.
  3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

We are out now. With the uncertainty of fans being allowed plus what level of activities would be happening, we ended up making other plans for the weekend. Will still be watching on the app.

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Understood.

Honestly, things getting more pearshaped and limited for the event, glad we didn’t pull the trigger on going. And the racing has gotten pretty ho hum in most of the classes. I’ll likely just watch the stream on the Live when I get home.

Not sure I could handle listening to Floyd on the PA and not being able to mute it.

We’re just gonna take the kid camping.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That was the original weekend, not sure if it happened or not.

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

No. It was postponed, until next year.

As an update: I talked to IMS ticketing. They’re only selling “E” grandstand and the penthouses in that area. General admission is going to be converted to “E” grandstand, as well. Also, they’re restricting parking to specific lots, as well.

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Looks like I'm out to. The passes I got through Ohlins / Himmelsbach won't allow access to the pits. I really wanted to walk my kids down Pit Row so they can get autographs. This sucks.

JBall likes this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Anybody on the fence about going....the weather will be perfect. 75-80, a slight chance of rain Sunday afternoon. A great wet race SBK Sunday.

9. grasshopper

I'm going to ride the dirtbike and catch up on the races in the garage over beers. My plan was to take the kids down pit lane to get autographs and see the bikes. If we can't do that I'll wait to bring them to a race when this Covid shit is over

henry_carlson likes this.
  10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Bummer they're limiting access. I won't be going either. I thought Indiana was doing good on covid?

11. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I think just about everyone is off the fence and in the house drinking some beers haah !

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

We are doing better than most. Only 10k tickets available, but I doubt that many will be there. Yea a bummer that all the access and activities are canceled.

13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

My guess is since Indy is such a high profile venue, they are getting a bit more scrutiny than some of the other races in states where you would presume things would be more restrictive like PA/NJ.

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The bullshit is restricting everyone to “E” grandstand, as opposed to letting people spread out. I’ll be lit, if food vendors aren’t allowed and one can only buy from their crappy concession stands.

15. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

upload_2020-10-8_8-16-59.png
    Indianpolis in in the Eastern time zone:
    upload_2020-10-8_8-17-30.png
    upload_2020-10-8_8-20-32.png

ducnut likes this.
  16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Its crazy how the restrictions are changing from state to state, race to race... Such a bummer Indy is doing this. They have enough space for everyone to spread.
    Laguna is going to be crazy

evakat and ducnut like this.
  17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yep. I read it’s Marion County laying out the restrictions; not the city of Indianapolis or the track.

18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Current seats available:
    [​IMG]

I was told there would be food available, but not sure on if it is vendors or only concessions. You are allowed a 14x14x18 cooler (I'm 80% sure on those dimensions).

19. grasshopper

Making everyone funnel into the E grand stand only and not letting people spread out in normal general admission areas is full blown stupid

20. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

From that map it looks like they are running the track opposite of the Moto GP direction. Ehhh is that true or was that already specified and i missed it?

CRA_Fizzer and RRP like this.