1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. karls

karls Well-Known Member

2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

3. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

tropicoz likes this.
  4. rice r0cket

This was bound to happen. All the ATF letters that "approve" pistol braces have always said that it was not a blanket approval, and seems like SB Tactical have largely ignored this after the initial approvals for their original designs.

This is why I only recommend the Gear Head Works pistol brace, because they actually do their due diligence, and have FTISB approvals for all their released designs.

upload_2020-10-7_14-9-54.png

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

yep, and $500 about a month ago.

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Called the ATF to check on my suppressor and the fucking FFL sat on my paperwork for 4 months before sending it in. They are changing locations and getting a new FFL/SOT and didn't communicate that there would be a delay. They supposedly told their staff to let people know the situation with changing SOT's but that didn't happen. I told them exactly who did my paperwork and even what corner we stood in and the dude had a Glock 43x pointed at his dick in his black Levi's. O well no new suppressor for who knows when.

7. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

atleast its in before the election

Steak Travis likes this.
  8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

ATF doing ATF stuff. They have gone back and forth on braces so many times. I've long suspected the brace craze was going to end suddenly. Though looking at some of the breakdowns of the letter by various youtube experts (yeah, that really sounds bad when you type it), it does appear that this has a lot of holes in it and may not have come from the top like it initially appeared.

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

There are millions of these braces out there. Enforcement of this is going to be ridiculous. No way to ever effectively eliminate them from the market. I probably have at least six pistol brace equipped weapons. I'm not tearing them down to pieces because today they suddenly became illegal. I followed the rules at the time the pistol was built.

10. shakazulu12

Some of the breakdowns I have seen of the letter and rebuttals seem to indicate it's a pretty flimsy ruling with no real backing. The fact that there have not been further comments from the ATF or any public officials is interesting as well. The ATF has long gotten away with a lot of grey area decision making, so perhaps they will finally make specific rules going forward. It seems that the LOP being over 13.5 inches is the one area that has come up as being the specific issue. Which is fine, call that an official rule so everyone can act appropriately, but there isn't an official guideline for it so it's a little stupid IMHO to arbitrarily single out one specific firearm and cause a fuss.

Anyway, just my non-educated opinion on it. I don't think current owners of pistol's with braces have much to worry about long-term honestly. The whole SBR thing is ridiculous to begin with IMHO.

11. rice r0cket

Buy the ones w/ the approval letters.

12. shakazulu12

That's what I am gathering from all the discussions.

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Not a handgun but picked up one of these today. Panzer Arms BP-12. Little home defense toy.
    [​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

CZ Scorpion Evo - opinions please?

Local shop has one and price is right.

15. Don’t own one, but FWIW it’s gotten really good reviews on YouTube.

I think “Honest Outlaw” did a review on it.

I like his channel, his videos are quality. I subscribed to him. Also check out “Warrior Poet Society”, that dude is awesome.

But most importantly, while on YouTube, search for “Reuben the Bulldog”. Reuben is my favorite. :D

16. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I've only heard good things and do some sort of safety switch and it's good to go. I think the ambidextrous factory safety will hit your trigger finger or something like that.

I got to go to a Christensen product demo day Friday and shot the 9mm AR they had. It was a ton of fun

17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

I don't own one, but 3 of my friends have them... one a true SBR, one the carbine, one a pistol with a brace and shorter barrel and suppressor. with a red dot on it, its like playing duck hunt with targets. basically zero recoil as you'd expect and it seems to just work. i don't really feel like buying any more guns, but i'd get one if i had the money to burn.

18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Copy all, thanks.

Looks like I’m off to the gun store tomorrow.

19. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

No personal experience with it but I want one really bad! They seem to be hard to find though. Almost bought a lightly used one earlier this year but it was the wrong timing and it wasn't local.

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Copy all. Just hoping it’s still there tomorrow.