1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soooo. A new race series has began

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Oct 4, 2020.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

What promo work? It's non-existent..
    Because when I think of promo work, I think of commercials, fliers, tv show/time, radio commercials. I have never EVER seen any of this. Not even the smallest flier...

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

There's not too many going concerns being bought and sold based on the fair market value of their fixed assets.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I cannot speak for Mongo though I suspect he does a LOT more behind the scenes that most people realize.

As to one I DO know of no commercials unless you talk about his dirt track podcasting stuff. fliers check he was dropping them at bike shops in TN. TV :crackup: oh wait him and a friend of mine are setting up to live stream the next event. Might be a disaster as the friend is not super great on live streaming experience though he does make professional commercials and music videos. Nope on radio he found it ineffective. My point is not to brag on my brother (who IS awesome) But to point out the effort. Many people see the event effort and make a judgement but very few know of the effort prior.

Again what about the scoring, rule making, tolerating folks here. What about coordinating with tracks and other race orgs. But hey go on thinking he is just laying around until time to drive to the track :Poke:

4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I'm talking about wera. Not the dirt track stuff you are.

5. sheepofblue

My point is that I suspect the same effort goes on as the only reason I know the effort put forth by my brother and his wife is we are family. Most that attend his events have no idea, my suspicion is that WERA is the same behind the scenes on effort. One 'advantage' they might have is the years of experience so somethings MIGHT be more streamlined and fewer mistakes. But do you even consider the nightmare this year has been on rescheduling and coordinating with everyone and their @$#@ cousin? They finances and turmoil? And the worrying on if you have an income because BidenClause ain't paying WERA (nor the TrumpMeister).

It is easier to criticize than do and while I am not a fan of Mr C that is one thing I will give him, he HAS organized track days.

RRRepsolRider likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Great insight. Thankya

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

We will agree I couldn't imagine having to reschedule and move shit around.

sheepofblue likes this.
  8. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Do what you gotta do but I’d rather not give shitty people my money. It’s not “politics”, the guy sues people over internet insults, there’s no level of bitch lower than that.

9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Yep. Same thing I told him he was on the face tubes.

10. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Have you never raced at a cycle jam or GNF? Where do you think the hundreds of fans come from? Hell there use to be thousands of people at WERA GNF’s until 2010 or so

sheepofblue and VFR#52 like this.
  11. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

What part of TN are you in?

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

The problem I have is the lack of integrity on the part of this new race series owner. I also had issues with AHRMA when their leadership showed a lack of integrity at the organizational level and at the individual level at race weekends. We all remember Roger Edmondson and his level of integrity. The thing I have always gotten from WERA is fair and equal treatment. In recent years I have also raced with CCS and CRA and again I felt like there was no playing of favorites every racer had the same rules and opportunities.

turner38 and sheepofblue like this.
  13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

blah blah blah, --- check your texts:D

14. sheepofblue

I am in Alabama, he is middle TN. If you are dirt person you likely know him, he is not an asshole like me :beer:

E Reed likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, you're only suing WERA and your offer was ridiculous....

Might wanna print this out for your lawyer now I've dared talk about the lawsuit and your "offer" in public!

:crackup:

YamahaRick, Sabre699 and sheepofblue like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure the current distributor will sell in bulk to anyone. He does not have a contract of any sort with Dunlop Corporate...

Shenanigans likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummmmm...huh? We could easily not charge a gate fee, just have to charge a bunch more for entries. Not sure what you think the bills to run an event are but we're not making huge profits if any and it's sure as hell not from the gate fees. That's just to spread the cost out more for those who bring more people with them which does increase our costs with the track to an extent instead of putting more on the riders who come solo or just with another rider. That and while it may be just club racing there absolutely is a value to spectators and 20-25 bucks for an entire weekend of racing is stupid cheap.

G8rDuc, Tifosi and sheepofblue like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you think that then you don't have an accurate grasp of the expenses.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Werd

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's been my fun times the last two weeks... I love scheduling :crackup: