1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soooo. A new race series has began

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Oct 4, 2020.

1. You must have seen my hairline :) 45 some days act like I’m 16 and others 89.

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That averages to 52 1/2.

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

More than reasonable given what I've seen as far as the average # of race entries on the grids per a given weekend over the years

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m 41. I understand lol.

5. Well I didn’t break out the actual % spent at each age, just used a general term :)

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That would be the median time at age. :D

7. Ok so my median time age through life is about 32 with actual age being 45.

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You're basing your definition of "reasonable" on solely race entries? LOL no wonder you don't have a clue. There is sooooo much more that goes into that.

noles19 likes this.
  9. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

someone who doesnt care / know about the politics and bickering between racing orgs. i dont know this other guy and dont even know sean. no sides. just pay my money and race.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, we all know racers are reasonable people and will pay extra to race and race more classes if they know their friends and family can come and watch for free. :D

Wait, most racers don't have any friends! :crackup: and they are the cheapest people on the face of the earth, they make Germans seem spendy.

Track rentals, insurance, paying the officials and corner workers, ambulance and medical personnel fees, basic transport and hotels for the series officials, stuff as simple as lunch and water for the corner workers . . . but who cares, right? money grows on trees and people will work for just a pat on the back and friendly smile.

11. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Reasonable based off estimated annual business income to expenses...the same expenses you just mentioned.

I know you weren't quite able to grasp my point, but thanks for left handedly agreeing without even realizing it. :D

wormracer08 likes this.
  12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Is it assets and liabilities or just assets. Would he plan on keeping the employees? Even though its a relatively small operation, its quite complex and I think its unfair to assume anyone could pick it up and run with it. Considering there are 3 major players in running a race club level organization, it's not the same as picking up another business and bolting it on to something else.

Evelyn has been keeping this machine going for a very long time and has been able to see it through very difficult economic downturns. I would sincerely hate to see someone pick it up that did not have her determination and fortitude to see it through another several decades.

R/T Performance likes this.
  13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Did you figure in the $100k just in scoring equipment? I only ask because those things are holding their value better than almost anything else under the sun.......

R/T Performance likes this.
  14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I guess nobody learned their lesson after what happened with Florida.

There will be no winners here. Pun intended.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and PA and New Jersey and California and Georgia and, you know what, No. Nobody learned.

TurboBlew likes this.
  16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

You are forgetting all the days not racing that you work doing promo-work, talking to sponsors, etc. My brothers day off and he is running around TN for his dirty event coming up. And he is not doing things on Mongo's level just a couple a year all in TN (well one in NC but that is not 'his' he just manages it)

Time will tell if this even occurs let alone succeeds. One thing you start appreciating how common it is with age is vapor-ware.

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

When Ulrich did their own series when was that? Wasn't that between DMG and MotoAmerica? What rule book did they use?

18. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I was THIS close to feeding the troll just now

19. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Triple Crown series! Just look up the website, or ask Dickie-Doo

20. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Superbike Shootout, 2014. Used the equivalent of DMG Superbike and Sportbike rules. Held it during an 11-week gap in DMG's initially five-round (they later added a sixth) AMA Superbike Series, at three tracks with three different organizations: WERA at Fontana; AFM at Sonoma; UtahSBA at what was then called Miller Motorsports Park. One Superbike and one Sportbike race per event. A one-hour TV show on each race. Produced 6 shows, all shown on MAVTV the first time, plus 5 re-airs for 36 hours of TV when AMA Pro had none that year. The goal was to get TV exposure for teams and riders so they could keep their sponsors. It worked great and we planned to run 10 rounds in 2015 but then MotoAmerica came along and decided to support that. Putting together and running even that 3-round series was a lot of work, and having known Wayne Rainey and Chuck Aksland for dccades I knew they'd do a good job, and they have!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    G8rDuc, SpeedyE, SoCal1000 and 9 others like this.