1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

We have a Heritage cowboy gun in .22LR. It was under $100 at Academy at Christmas. Amazingly accurate for the price, and fun to shoot. I have my eye on the version with a 16" barrel, because why not?

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I got the Ruger Wrangler in bronze for $180. I like it, but my near vision sucks so the sights are nearly useless on it. Maybe I can JB Weld a red dot onto it...

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Just shoot from the hip like Wyatt Earp.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. FYI - SGAmmo.com has 9mm range ammo (115g FMJ) in stock for $0.60/round.

I just grabbed 3 boxes (limit per customer). I don’t need any, but it’s so rare to find any in stock these days, so I figured I might as well get some.

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I ordered 17lbs of powder yesterday. Once this market gets back to normal, I will be stocking up on powder and primers in a major way.

6. I started stocking up back when COVID first became a thing. Of course I had no idea things would get this bad, and I had no idea all the riots and shit would happen either. I just got lucky that by the time ammo starting getting scarce, I already had about 20,000 rounds stocked up (half 9mm, half .45ACP).

Now I just grab a few boxes here and there for the hell of it when I see somebody has some in stock, or when I buy another gun.

Photo and Quicktoy like this.
  7. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I
    Have a Vaquero in .357 SS 3.75 barrel birds head grip and one in 45 Colt blued 5.5 barrel. Both are a hoot!

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So you went full Broome and bought up all the handguns like they were cases of water, eh?

Asshole. :mad:

9. And the ammo :D

pickled egg likes this.
  10. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Still too much...I'll buy again when it gets below 40 cents, but also prefer to get 147g.

sanee and Photo like this.
  11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

if you have 20k already why would you get these? atleast chill till after election then maybe go on. heard that online stores are now with rapey prices and the lgs are....not as rapey :)

12. Two reasons....

1. Depending on how the election goes, they could get a lot more expensive after it. I’m not going to get political and say any more.

2. I go to the range 3-4x every week. So while 20k might sound like a lot, once my spine is healed up, I’ll go through it quickly.

13. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

yeah thats alot of shooting a week. good for ya man. get that practice in

14. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Same here. Won't pay 50+ cents a round for 9mm. 357 SIG, yes, but it's always been more expensive. Got plenty of other hobbies to do until prices come back to something more reasonable. And Broome didn't buy up all the guns yet, I was able to pick up a H&K P30 a couple weeks ago :)

MachineR1 and sbk1198 like this.
  15. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I wanted to give a shout out to HolsterCo holsters. This is the first kydex holster I've ever had that was perfect straight out of the box, no trimming, modifying or de-fucking required. And it arrived at my door in less than two weeks. Shown here with my EDC P-01, sporting an Olight mini Valkyrie and a Clinger Cushion wedge/pad for appendix carry, dolled up for Halloween.

IMG_5608.JPG IMG_5607.JPG

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  16. I might have to look into them. I’ve had great luck with Vedder and AlienGear holsters.

But since Covid, the lead time on AG is ridiculous. As in, by the time the holster is delivered, I’ve already bought 2-3 more guns and forgot which one that holster is for.

Not to mention that IWB holsters with a cutout for a light seem to be scarce.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Anyone still having trouble finding Ammo? I get one or two "people" from India, China and the rest of the trust worthy and honest places in the world either linking to a US source or direct. :D
    I keep forgetting to approve them to post but if you all still need Ammo I might let them through. :crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Please Only Russian steel case ammo. I want to work on my jam-clearing drills.

Ride safe,
    AAron

19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Get an ak. They live to eat that junk ammo

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

My PSA kit AR had no problem with either Tulammo or Field and Stream branded steel case 5.56. Granted only about 100 rounds so far...