1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s the purpose of this tube?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 6, 2020.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Just for fun and since you like words, it is called a Penrose Drain. Last one I had in my knee just came out with the bandages and we left it out as it was about done anyway.

Gorilla George and R1M370 like this.
  2. Mattinrsm

Mattinrsm Well-Known Member

I hit my knee pretty good racing BMX in my teens. The knee stayed puffy and had fluid in and around it, so a couple days after my wreck, they pulled 3 or 4 large syringes of bloody fluid out. This was repeated on an every other day basis, then weekly, then about once a month until it stopped. The fluid would get clearer each time it was drained. My guess is the joints or stuff around the joints produce it for some reason.

3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

That tube is what I would expect a clapped out SV rider to have sticking out of them.

Yours should have been kevlar with a Stahlbus quick disconnect fitting.

Get well soon!

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

They're taking the piss out of ya :D

5. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I had one of these in my abdomen after my ruptured appendix, might be the same type of drain. Screenshot_20201006-142452.png

SpeedyE, JCW and Gorilla George like this.
  6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Crankcase and / or trans breather tube. Needs to be routed into a catch can / Jim Beam bottle. Picture of old turd Harley for reference. Make sure the bottle is vented. Too much crankcase pressure might blow your tonsils out of your butt hole if you sneeze too hard

upload_2020-10-6_13-26-39.png

7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Think of this way. The dig into you, around your spine and created a pocket of exposed tissue. Then they just put your skin over that hole. But the internals we’re traumatized and still bleeding/pussing. So they installed a drainage system if you will. That pocket of flesh was still internally bleeding and pussing. That fluid has to go somewhere.
    Voila, that’s the tube.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's the inflation tube for your penis to make it bigger. Make sure they don't put a presta valve on the end, use a schrader, it'll make your life easier. And don't over inflate!

To deflate your pumped penis you need to stick a plastic tube up your bunger to let the air out. You can use your finger if you have to.

May Sclaverand burn in hell for unleashing the presta valve on the world. It's almost a war crime!

StaccatoFan and cha0s#242 like this.
  9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

You're supposed to squeeze it each day to put the fluid BACK into you.

10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Silly Question , why not ask the dude that put it in ? I’m sure they are sending a bill to someone on your behalf , make them answer a few questions for the few hundred thousand dollar procedure they just put you through :D

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

When i read this i pictured GG showing up whit an armored car and a rental forklift to unload several pallets of pennies to pay the bill...

Just drive em up to the door, ask for a receipt and wave bye...

motoracer1100 likes this.
  12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I know a certain somebody who paid their wheelie fine from CCS in all pennies. LOL

13. I am not real sure how to take that. So im just going to throw one of these out, just in case it is necessary. :moon:

E Reed likes this.
  14. Well played. :D

15. My next follow up isnt for 2-3 weeks, and this tube thing was bugging me now. :D

So the only way i would be able to ask him, would be by calling him. And i avoid talking on the phone unless it is a dire emergency. I would send him a text, but i dont have his cell #.

16. Damnit, i wish i would have thought about that while i was on the hospital. I would have held onto the bag waiting for dude to come in, then as soon as he walked in i would act like im squeezing on it, and be like "hang on, ive almost got it all back in". :crackup:

scottn, Funkm05, Rebel635 and 3 others like this.
  17. I had one of those tubes in for a while also. :D

The funny part is that it was the first time id ever had one of those in while i was conscious, so i didnt know how to "use it". I even asked the nurse "am i supposed to try to piss through the tube?". :crackup:

18. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Making soap

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you seen the guys racing each other with ass tubes in the hospital in The Right Stuff?

20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

imagine that. LOL