1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richie V sandbagging

Discussion in 'General' started by r6fast, Oct 5, 2020.

1. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Just want to clear something up. The 636 is not an overbore, it's a stroker. That makes a significant difference in the way it makes power and how we have to figure out how to utilize it. I'll just say it makes really good power but takes longer to to produce it. A short stroke big bore would be much more ideal.

jeremy dunn, CR750, TurboBlew and 4 others like this.
  2. Mesa is also the size of a horse jockey, you, well not so much. You aren’t a giant but not a horse jockey either. Plus as you well know there are many other factors into play but that being said they can be built pretty stout.
    An R6 dominated the BSB Supersport this year and already wrapped up the title. I can tell you it was a lot more stout than the 636 in that configuration.

VFR#52 and MELK-MAN like this.
  3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

indeed.. knew this, but made the mistake again in this discussion.

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. MELK-MAN

it's not a "kawi hate" thing.. not in the slightest.. it's a hating the deniers of physics thing. It's fukin science and shit.. 36cc's is MORE than not having an extra 36cc's. I'm not advocating that the bike is special to begin with, and now with 36cc's more, it's unfair. I'm fully aware that NOBODY in MA has been able to make the thing work, UNTIL DK and Co., along with Graves, and arguably the most talented rider in the field collaborated.. even with the shortcomings, 36ccs's IS MORE. This is undeniable, and the bike does make more power than any R6 in the field. I would be willing to bet anyway... ;)

VFR#52 and cav115 like this.
  5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

No, no...You AND Stamboli are wrong.

:D

MELK-MAN and VFR#52 like this.
  6. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

..= more torque.

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I wanna see this..

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. MELK-MAN

Totally agree tons of factors at play. Clearly, the ingredients required in MA to make the 636 work, were D.Keys and Co, Graves, and one wicked talented rider. But, curious if World SS would have had a different championship outcome had the 636 been allowed? Top teams, top riders, spec tires, production based, but 36 extra cc's? At that level, would a bit more torque have given Mahias the edge over Locatelli?

I've raced Mesa for years, since he stared on 600's 10 years ago, RARELY ever came out on the winning end, but this new bike is faster, straight line, (they are still sorting the bike), than any R6 he's raced in that time aside from his superibke R6 he had for Daytona a few times. Of that i'm certain. Hoping GOOD THINGS for my buddy. He deserves it! He and his "team", consisting of his dad Mauricio, his mom, and Thermosman put in the work.

VFR#52 and cav115 like this.
  9. That’s what she said.

10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

The Euro spec bike is completely different than the US version. Both frame, engine, and electronics. This i do know.

I'm kind of happy the R6 cup is finally changing up a bit, although we are missing some talent.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

VFR#52 and MELK-MAN like this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

For MA, they need the bikes on the grid and teams and riders need the Kawi contingency, so banning the Kawi for the extra 36cc isn't really a good option.

I would expect that longer stroke motor doesn't make much if any more peak HP than a similarly tuned R6. Max torque and "area under the curve" are where I would expect the gains.

Right now it is just a really good rider and team taking advantage of the bikes strengths. If Mesa shows up and is also up front on his 636, then it may be time for MA to bump the minimum weight up on the 636 up a bit to balance out the extra displacement. I am pretty sure the minimum weight was higher a few years ago, but no one was running up front on it, so they dropped it back down to be in line the others bikes in the class.

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I predict MA will put 5-6 kilos on the 636 for 2021.

13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

So...you never said which color Kawi you'll be getting for next year. Can't deny the fukin science....and shit. :D

The Great One likes this.
  14. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

yea i wonder how many will flock over from the R6 and Suzukis for next year only to find the same or worse results. FZ07 anyone?

RRP and VFR#52 like this.
  15. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Graves showed that a few kgs is a lot less important than other things for making a bike go fast. A few kgs on the 636 probably wont change the results much at all. But it may stop people from complaining.

henry_carlson likes this.
  16. Wheel Bearing

Stop the same people that parroted for years that the Kawi was shit because of the transmissions and the unrideable front end Dunlop chatter and now are bitching about 36cc's?

I highly doubt it. Idiots never stop complaining. :D

17. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

The Kawi is shit for all the reasons you listed above and it's the ugliest 600 ever made. I can't imagine having to look at that thing in my garage.

18. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

The new one is ugly. The previous gen has always made me drool. Best looking one was the 05--06.

19. Wheel Bearing

Nothing tops the 04-05 ZX10. One of these days I'll find a mint one in street trim and just keep it in my living room.

cajun636 and henry_carlson like this.
  20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I had an 05. Got rid of it after a failed tranny fix. Now I have regrets.